PDA

View Full Version : Durablue axles?

hsr
01-12-2003, 12:08 PM
is all of the hype about dura blues being junk true?
their axles look decent to me and they have good prices ?
has anyone ever had any bad experiences with them?

opinions of lonestar axles or whatever axles you guys reccomend...:devil :blah

d-14 rider 27
01-12-2003, 12:34 PM
its all how fast you go, how big you jump, how hard you hit. if your a beginner, or you just want a wider quad for playin, they will work fine. I have bent one, broke one, and then i bent a lsr BAD when i hit my buddy, i got an rpm on the way, so im gonna see if i can trash one of them. hehe. but yes a durablue is not quite up to snuff when compared to lsr and rpm, but i still think its a decent axle. i just dont like their warranty, first wrecked one is free replacement, next ones are 175 bucks, and that sucks.

trailburner
01-12-2003, 01:14 PM
I have one & haven't had any prob's YET! I like it..look at it this way it's stronger than stock..

400MXer
01-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Two of my friends broke their durablue axles...both in the same spot...the clip groove on the brake side. One of my friends got the replacement and is using it...and the other sold it and bought an RPM. I've got an RPM and it's awsome....no problems yet.(knock on wood) But we also race motocross. If your just playin' or not jumpin' real big then a durablue would be fine...but i chink i would get LSR for the money....the RPM's are a lil' more.

I say either RPM or LSR, those are two excellent axles.

TravEX
01-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by trailburner
I have one & haven't had any prob's YET! I like it..look at it this way it's stronger than stock..

are ya talking about the one that RMATV has for $289.95?

i'm looking at getting a wider rear axle,,,here's the info i got from RMATV:

· The 2+2 Eliminator gives you a choice of increasing the rear axle 2"
to 4" wider than the stock axle
· The Eliminator is the worlds #1 axle, it provides excellent wear and
strength

fly400ex
01-12-2003, 02:19 PM
I have broken an eliminator axle, then upgraded to the x-33 then broke that one about a month later, now I have a lonestar and have had no problems. I think I will send my x-33 back for warranty then sell it cheap.

tants
01-12-2003, 02:52 PM
ive herd bad things about them...

im just gonna get an lsr for like $300 off c&d

Dave400ex
01-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Get a LSR or RPM. They actually have a Lifetime Warranty.

forum
01-12-2003, 03:12 PM
yep. i broke my x-33. in the clip area too. I now have a Rpm

K_Fulk
01-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Rpm's sproket hubs are a lot thicker too. Ive seen them on durablue

Ryan
01-13-2003, 12:36 PM
I always thought durablues were good. :confused: I would definitly go with LongStar. They make good frames so there axles gotta be somewhat good :cool: .

BTW, I thought Durablue had lifetime warrenty not just "Break it 2 times and you gotta pay 175 for the next one"
:huh

forum
01-13-2003, 12:40 PM
They make good frames so there...

hehehe. you've been misinformed my friend!

400MXer
01-13-2003, 01:25 PM
I've gotta agree with forum....the lonestar frames have thier flaws. And i'm not just going by the people i know that have broken or cracked their lonestar frames...but it was in dirtwheels they had a test between a lonestar and arens and the lonestar broke after only like 5 races or something...and the arens had a couple thousand miles on it and was still coo.

the only thing i would buy of LSR is their axle. But i'd way prefer RPM...and i would never get a Durablue...why even take the chance.

· The Eliminator is the worlds #1 axle, it provides excellent wear and
Yeah right...they may be #1 from sales...but that's only because they are so redily available that people who are not informed of Durablues situation buy them. Just buy a LSR bro...they are like 300, or drop a few more bills and get an RPM.

Ryan
01-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Didn't know that. I always thought their frames held up pretty good. If I did get a new frame it would be the alumiumn LRD frame. I heard they Rock!

OutlawEX
01-13-2003, 05:57 PM
I can get anyone that needs an RPM axle for 380 with all papers straight from RPM..I got Fourm his rpm...email if interested

OutlawEx@aol.com

PhilMoore
01-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I broke a brand new X-33 within 45 minutes of ride time on it.

When I called to get it replaced, they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get a replacement...

I finally ended up with a Eliminator. Which I have not broke yet. I would rather have an axle bend than break, epecially in a race where somebody might get hit by the flying pieces.

Foxrage
01-16-2003, 02:32 PM
No problems with my X-33 here yet put havent tried it out hardcore yet. I got a really really good deal on it and i still have a warranty. So if this one breaks i can get a new one and possibly sell it and get an RPM. So if this bad boy does brake lets just say i could get a new rpm for close to what i bought this X-33 for.

Braff1
01-16-2003, 02:39 PM
To start off I don't have a Dura Blue axle but I am looking at getting one soon. But here is my opion: Dura Blue axles are just like Works shocks. Are the better than the stockers? Yes. Are they the best? No. I feel it comes down to the type of riding you plan on doing. For the recreational rider / play racing etc the durablue would be satisfactory but for the MX rider that runs aggressively they are only last a short time before they bend or brake.

Foxrage
01-16-2003, 03:35 PM
OK well i posted then went riding. And i should of knocked on wood cause these things SUCK *****. I just broke mine. I have had it for about 1 month and rode on it about 2 hours. I guess its where it is cold out. Well i might be seeing a lonestar or a RPM in the future!

bongwater200
01-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by R8
Didn't know that. I always thought their frames held up pretty good. If I did get a new frame it would be the alumiumn LRD frame. I heard they Rock!

I've heard that they have to replace them every few races?

Anyway...... about the Durablow axles. People get pissed enough when they break, and then they try to break it off in your ACE on the warranty. Go to Muddy Creek or RedBud if you want a true testament of Durablow axles.

Lonestar or RPM!

Dave400ex
01-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Nac's get a picture of your Axle.....

01-16-2003, 08:39 PM
I have 2 Dura Blue axles , 1 is a X-33 other is an eliminator ...
I have jumped many times on both & both are doing good.

PhilMoore
01-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Foxrage,

Did you call DuraBlue yet? You should let everyone know how that goes. When I broke mine, I talked to "Gary". The bleeping bleep bleeper told me "yeah, the 400EX is a 'rigid' quad, and that is probably what caused it to snap" Then he told me it would be about 4 weeks before they had a replacement to send me...

Foxrage
01-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Hey i havent contacted durablue. im trying to get everything i need from the guy i bought it from to be able to get a new one for free. IF not i guess im **** out of luck. But im hoping they wont relize i bought it used. Anyway i posted a thread with a pic of what i have. the rest is in my woods where it broke along with my four wheeler with no way to get it back.

Dave400ex
01-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Man you left your 400 back in the woods? lol

Foxrage
01-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Haha i had to its not there now its stripped now.

Dave400ex
01-17-2003, 04:10 PM
That's funny. How did you get it back to the house?

Foxrage
01-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Shoved it with it started on one wheel. It was down over a big hill it was **** gettin if outa there and it tore out my bearings in the process.