PDA

View Full Version : Best for wheels????

soonerlightning
09-12-2009, 10:49 AM
What coating would you recommend for wheels? I am wanting coat stock yamaha wheels black and have seen some say use texture powder as it stands up to the abuse better? Is this true? What style powder do you use on the wheels you do?

Also what would the price for 2 front & 2 rear be to coat and return ship to 73149

Pappy
09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
It really doesnt matter as far as color, it depends more on the chemistry of the powder. Ideally, Epoxy powder is used but it isnt UV stable nore does it retain its shine but it is stronger and more durable then regular pc.

I have been using plain old black and texture black depending what the person wants.

I charge $20 to $25 per rim as long as they are bare and shipping is about $8 per rim to OK

soonerlightning
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
So how does a gloss black stand up for xc style racing?

Pappy
09-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Not bad on the rim, but beadlock rings will take a beating. I personally love black rims but advise folks to buy hipers:p My brothers rims have been done for 2 seasons of mx and look great, others have reported to me their rims for XC and trails have been fine as well. I just know that its a part that can get FUBAR on a bad section and hate seeing money wasted

soonerlightning
09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Maybe I will rethink this for a bit before making my decision. I dont want to have chipped up wheels after every ride