PDA

View Full Version : RPM Dominator "XC" axle???

IcutMetl
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Before you read my rant below, help me justify why I should spend the extra money on an RPM Dominator XC style axle vs. a used stocker. I don't have a widened front yet, I ride mostly woods, and already have offset rims. I know nobody makes XC axles anymore, but know I can get one right now. What are your thoughts?

Ok at least a few of you have probably read my bunch of posts on here about finding an axle for my 'R. My most recent clusterfunk was on ebay, where I paid a guy $250 for a used RPM Dominator axle setup. After waiting for about 4 days; he sends me this:

"I went to ship you axle out and my helper sent that axle that you bought so someone else and I just realized that I'm totally sorry I have a picture of the other dominator axle that was supposed to send to the guy that got yours a month ago check this one out it;s still pretty nice I didn't clean it as nice as it could get the only thing I saw was the crome was nicked in the one spot I was gonna take 30.00 off if you wanted it or I can send you a brand new LSR axle with a used sprocket hub that is an XC with the same meaurements as the dominator I just have ordered the collars and nut from LSR that's the only thing missing in the picture. If you don't want either I can just send you a refund. Sorry about that but I value your business and appreciate it I feel bad about the confusion on the belly pan and now this I don't operate like this once and a while when you have this many parts things happen and I try to prevent as much as possible anyone being any bit unhappy. let me know thanks Wes"

I was so pissed; I was about ready to hack this damn thing apart and go buy a 450. I realized that this is the same seller who sold me a nice "PRM" belly skid plate, and gave me the SAME EXACT excuse why it couldn't be shipped- he shipped me a BEAT-UP "AC Racing" 1/8" thickness skid instead, and gave me **** about it too. I ended up selling it on ebay (honestly) and taking a loss.

I'll give him this; at least with the axle he treated me right and gave me a full refund, but damnit- my time is worth more than that money.

The seller's ebay i.d. is "stoneconcepts."

deathman53
09-12-2009, 09:45 AM
there is nothing wrong with a lsr axle, but the new axle and used sprocket hub sounds fishy. I'd run from that deal. Don't forget, I'd bet the sprocket hub isn't on the axle, so you have to pay to have it pressed on. Run quickly, get your money back and don't buy from him again.

250Renvy
09-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Dude that totally sucks.

Anyway, maybe it saved you some money if not for the waste of time.

I'd say get the stocker - if you don't need ajustability of width and aren't doing big air jumps there is no need, the stock axle is fine. Just get an antifade hub.

I have an extra LSR axle that is standard to +3 adjustable, it's used in decent shape and they don't make them anymore, the new ones are +1 to +4 if you are interested.

Other option if you decide to widen a bit is to just buy offset rims. ITP baja 9x9 6-3 offset rears give you an extra inch on each side. Hiper also makes a 6-4 offset rear.

312R1
09-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I have a OEM axle for $50 plus shipping if your interested.

Thanks,
Steve

IcutMetl
09-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Yea I considered the LSR axle he was mentioning- asked him to send me pictures (it looked very nice), but the part number was not of an "XC" style as he mentioned; it was for their current offering, and I don't need that kind of width.

I think I'll probably just pick up the stocker. I would like a nice LSR or RPM, but I'm not building a beauty queen- I just need something that works and isn't bent. When I widen up the front; then I'll take another look at an axle.

I believe I already have offset rims; bought Douglas standard .190's and Razr2 package from Rocky Mountain. That alone made a huge difference!

312R1 and 250R envy- I just send you guys PM's.

Thanks for the help!

XXX -rider
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
'ol Wes Stone can be a slick trader / horse trader at times..lol
tho usually he is good deal with

woodsracer144
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
sprocket hubs can be pound off with a hammer, sit the end a chunck of wood, and then hit it, but spint it around so it isnt on one side... if that makes sence...