PDA

View Full Version : How did I do?

brianengy
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. It needs a little work with the head light. I called them before the bid and they said they the only thing that is wrong with this bike is the bent handlebar plate and the broken headlight assembly. How hard is the light assembly to fix???? They said everything else is is fine. The engine is strong along with the clutch. They have 100% feedback and the person I spoke to seemed like a straight shooter. I've had friends that have bought sports bikes from these guys. They do a lot of business in the twin cities.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230374500239&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:MOTORS:1123

rob_990
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
looks like you got a pretty good deal!

buster024
09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
That's a sweet deal!

powermadd400ex
09-11-2009, 10:27 PM
very clean bike, good buy!

brianengy
09-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I hope so. I know how to wrench on bikes and I've dove the whole valve thing before. Anyone know what type of bolts the headlights take along with the oil type and filter it takes? I will search the forums also. Thanks in advance. I can't wait to test this thing out. Any good sources for the headlight glass? I'm guessing ebay is my best bet.

PS. I will let you know how it goes. More Pics to come.

Ntensweapon
09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
You'll need the whole headlight assembly. The quad has been flipped and i would bet money the headlight is not useable. When they tumble, it breaks off all the tabs holding it in. I think they are down playing the steering stem also. By saying its just the plate...the whole stem is bent. Not worth it to straighten a stock stem. Check ebay for those two parts and you'll be in business. Great buy!!

brianengy
09-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by brianengy
I hope so. I know how to wrench on bikes and I've dove the whole valve thing before. Anyone know what type of bolts the headlights take along with the oil type and filter it takes? I will search the forums also. Thanks in advance. I can't wait to test this thing out. Any good sources for the headlight glass? I'm guessing ebay is my best bet.

PS. I will let you know how it goes. More Pics to come.

Thanks for the info. The headlight is not a big deal. It will give me something to do this winter.

KISSmyACE
09-12-2009, 03:32 PM
If you don't want the headlights, the 04 and older models, in my opinion look better without them at all. You could remove them and get the plastics from Maier but that may be the more expensive route. Just a suggestion though. Good buy!

rinaldi
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Looks good. Stay away from Heinmans or whatever it is called just nw of the city. Dealt with the owner and very dishonest. Hope yours fairs out better.

lilyamaharacer4
09-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Better idea put a hood on it and call her good.