PDA

View Full Version : CT Bumper vs IMS ROLL Bumper vs TAG Bumper vs Duncan Bumper - WEIGHT

thedeatons
09-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey guys...

Eventually when I have some spare cash I am going to buy a bumper (My AC Racing bumper is for sale).

I like the Duncan bumpers, but they are steel. How are they in a weight comparison, compared to the Tag, CT, and IMS Intimidator?

I definitely do NOT want to add any weight to the quad, but want a bumper like one mentioned above.... My other thought is that the aluminum bumpers I can sandblast so they match my Tag handlebars. I don't want to deal with paint (since I ride dunes....

James

312R1
09-11-2009, 09:51 PM
The duncan bumper is heavier, but it's a great bumper and can take a beatin.

Plus it looks awesome, but thats my $.02.

-Steve

thedeatons
09-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Well... I figured you would know.... LOL

I never hit anyone/anything, because I ride dunes, so sturdy I don't need. I would rather opt for lightweight. I do like the way it looks, but the others I mentioned are very close in my opinion.

Plus I can't stand worrying about rust.....

Any idea how much weight?

James

312R1
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Well... I figured you would know.... LOL

I never hit anyone/anything, because I ride dunes, so sturdy I don't need. I would rather opt for lightweight. I do like the way it looks, but the others I mentioned are very close in my opinion.

Plus I can't stand worrying about rust.....

Any idea how much weight?

James

I would guess a few pounds. I have had the one on my laeger for a few years now and no signs of rust at all..and I wash it all the time.

When I raced in the 90's I had a duncan bumper and I T-boned a few lol without any issues or rust.

danhung11
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
To save weight, I have seen duners run without a front or rear bumper.

I just received my PRM Baja front bumper without the top bar for a new build. It's nice and their service was exceptional. I have a Duncan on my other R, and as Steve stated...it very nice and the looks are top notch, but it's pricey.

Let me know if you want me to post some pictures.

BTW - did you sell the red IMS tank? Will that work with stock length stem without the bars hitting the tank?

Thanks,
Dan

IcutMetl
09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
I agree- check out PRM; they have a couple different options and they're all top-notch.

thedeatons
09-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Yah, I'm sure the drag guys run without.... The real purpose for bumpers in the dunes is a leverage/grab point to help get you unstuck.

I have seen your PRM, and I think it is AWESOME they worked with you like that. The look is just a little different than I wanted though, something about it, not sure....

James

ehorst33
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
how much you want for you current bumper? pics? Im looking for a decent one but nothing special, had a little mishap with mine

thedeatons
09-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't want much, but I have to find a different one first...

Let me do some checking around then get back to you... Mine is actually a 450R bumper and I have CNC machined aluminum spacers installed....

James