PDA

View Full Version : 300ex need help

2to4
09-11-2009, 09:39 PM
alright i have a 2002 300ex. iv had it for about a week now. i bought it from a guy who had a full cobra exhast on it. he said the muffler blew up on him so he put the stock one on. heres my problem. 1. he said he jetted it to the cobra and now its a cobra pipe stock muffler. i tried to put the stock pipe on but it was too short and didnt reach the muffler so i cant use it. also the cobra pipe is too skinny for the hole in the stock muffler so half the exhast comes out next to my leg. 2. i think its the jetting but this thing bogs a ton i mean you can push the throttle in nuetral and nothing will happen for a good 2 seconds BUT once it gets nice and warm it runs great but still bogs a little. my question is.....is the exhast and the jetting why its bogging so bad cause if it is why does it run fine when its warm. if it is the jetting what should i jet it to to make it run better. im realy confused and need some help

2to4
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
bump

thomasgangross
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
well i would start off by getting a stock head pipe off ebay, cobra mufflers and head pipes really suck, if and when you do get a stock headpipe, make sure you get a new crush gasket, its a metal gasket that is on the head in between the head pipe

those gaskets are made for one time fit, i mean you can use them again, but for 3 dollars its worth it to get a new one,

other than that, put it back to stock jets, 38 pilot, 122 main, and the needle is 3 slot down

hope this helps

i have a full stock exhaust, if you want to buy whole thing