PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Can-Am Unadilla This weekend??

bwkcobra03
09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I am getting ready and leaving soon to Unadilla in Utica NY to the GNCC event this should be alot of fun. This will be my first GNCC race.

http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/gncc-event-information/can-am-unadilla

BamBam730
09-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Good luck and enjoy!!!!!

PArider
09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
thats sweet man goodluck..im about an hour from there and was thinking about running in my first also, but i got stuck working for a bit so :/

Blizzard24
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I went... wish I had stayed home. Was on an Outlaw IRS to write a review for another website and was really wishing I was on my Can Am.

The quad would stall every time I pulled the clutch in or or had to idle. Flipped the quad over on me at one of the hills (Cut chin and bad bruises under my arm). Pulled off to help one of the Pro Am guys that wrecked, stayed w him until help arrived (Messed his leg up pretty bad). Only finished two laps in Vet B.

Did I mention I wish I was on my Can Am for the race??????????

GE4x4
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
If it was stalling like that, sounds like the throttle cable was to loose. The ETC is made to shut the engine down for safety. A quick adjustment would off ended that.

ScramblerXLE
09-13-2009, 03:10 PM
This is true. Mine did this once. Sounds like the exact same issue. Were yu on a black one? Someone on a black Outlaw IRS w/ blacked out lights kept pulling off the track just after our pits. I saw him do it a few times. never saw him go back on, then he'd go by us and pull off again.

bwkcobra03
09-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Man I wish wou guys could have made it. I had such an AWESOME time. The guys from CAN_AM were very nice and gave me alot of pointers. I was doing very well in my class the first 2 lams. I was in first place until i bent my right front tierod. I cought the right front wheel on a small sapling in the top of third gear while I was passing a bunch of riders The tierod bent. I did not realise it was bent. Then I shifted 4th on the streight when I got to the next turn I found out the hard way that I had NO STEERING. LOL I flew about 30 feet off tne trail. Thanks to the nice spectators that helped me carry my ds back on the trail I limped the ds back to the pits. I need to get much better tierods for the next race. I cant wait to do this again.

bwkcobra03
09-14-2009, 06:35 AM
LOL

blaster99
09-14-2009, 06:46 AM
nice job! i have a set of titanium tie rods for a 46 inch wide ds that I had my dad make at his machine shop, would you be interested in those? they are much stronger than stock.

ds450xracer
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by blaster99
nice job! i have a set of titanium tie rods for a 46 inch wide ds that I had my dad make at his machine shop, would you be interested in those? they are much stronger than stock.

How much would you want for those tie rods

Blizzard24
09-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah you might be on to something w those ti tie rods, let me know know much you want for them.