PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki racing news

hsr
09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
From Racer X:

The biggest news of the week may involve Team Suzuki. The word on the streets is that the owner of the #1 plate in AMA Motocross (both classes), the Lites West Supercross Championship, #1 in AMA Superbike, and #1 ATV Pro Motocross is outsourcing its entire racing program to its longtime allies at Yoshimura. The setup would be similar to what we see with Pro Circuit Kawasaki and Factory Connection Honda, though this would encompass all of the company’s racing programs, meaning Suzuki would take on the role of equipment supplier to the outsourced racing program. The irony is, it comes after Suzuki had one of its best years ever on the AMA circuit. But the economy is still the elephant in the room.

Pappy
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
No matter who ya wanna blame, the bad economy is the reason.

I personally would have loved to see the wpsa still going strong and the sport growing like mad....but i think we are going to see a 5 year time period where we go backwards:( I hope I am dead wrong

JParisi48
09-12-2009, 07:06 AM
it seems like just when i got into the sport, everything started going downhill for it, sucks.....

XCRacer236
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
i read that paragraph 3 times and still dont get what its saying? :confused:

k4f5x0r
09-12-2009, 08:15 AM
yep what hondarider11 said. sounds like suzuki is going to let yoshimura make the decisions for the team now, and it will be call rockstar makita yoshimura... or maybe completely different.

im sure suzuki will still be kicking in with some cash help though.

BLU82
09-12-2009, 10:35 AM
This does'nt seem like such a bad thing to me...:confused: Pro circuit kawi seems to be doing fine, I can see yoshimuria suzuki doing just as well.

etccb
09-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a program more simular to the ATV side for the supercross and mx bikes.