PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Forest- Marienville PA???

IcutMetl
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Anybody in Pennsylvania ever rode the "Tour de Forest?" Had a guy tell me about it today and try and talk me into going. Looks like something their fire department puts on every year.

http://tourdeforest.marienville-fire.com/

They claim it is an unchallenging leisurely ride with a 25mph speed limit.

Very scenic pictures...but I think I might just plan a trip to Wayne National instead. "Scenic and unchallening" doesn't really get it for me.

09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
i went one year...it is a good cause, but i can't justify the price even being a member of a volunteer fire department...

98% of the trails were like riding down a dirt road and the do enforce the 25 mph speed limit...

i'd rather just give them the $20 and go ride on my local trails...

usp4u
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I have a camp in Marienville. The tour-de-forest is a VERY unchallenging ride. Great for kids and new riders, but kinda boring for seasoned riders. I rode it the first two years they did it, then quit. Alot of road riding from what I remember.
I dont know if there have been any recent accidents, but I remember the first few years there were serious accidents/injuries. Mostly blamed on road riding and head-ons due to the two-way routes they set-up. I would do it again if I had kids or something, but that would be the only reason. Good cause though, the Marienville VFD are real good folks.

IcutMetl
09-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Cool, thanks for your guys' replies. I figured I'd double check here before I signed up for it. I'm not looking to jump over the Grand Canyon here, but "VERY unchallenging" really isn't for me.