florentino
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
any ideas.. thanks

Wired
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
press them out

450Rida
09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
im pretty sure you can heat the a arm piece up and hit the ball joint with a air hammer. i kno it works on all the other brands.

xrxmxcx
09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't take the advice from the above post. Remove the lower a-arm and take the time to find a proper press and removing collar and press the balljoint out. Not that I am worried about your technique but the idea of heating the aluminum lower a-arm and the vibration makes me cringe, and you'd hate to ruin the a-arm.

But I do have a set if you need them!

:p

florentino
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xrxmxcx
[B]I wouldn't take the advice from the above post. Remove the lower a-arm and take the time to find a proper press and removing collar and press the balljoint out. Not that I am worried about your technique but the idea of heating the aluminum lower a-arm and the vibration makes me cringe, and you'd hate to ruin the a-arm.

But I do have a set if you need them!

i got it.. i removed the a arm and place a big socket on the bottom and hit it with a hammer. it came really easy..but thanks

florentino
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 450Rida
im pretty sure you can heat the a arm piece up and hit the ball joint with a air hammer. i kno it works on all the other brands.
this a arm is not steel . thats why i ask

450Rida
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by florentino
this a arm is not steel . thats why i ask

ive used that technique on aluminum a arms with no problems, no one at the shop i work at press's them out. you gotta heat it to put the new one in so its all done at once.

xrxmxcx
09-12-2009, 03:07 PM
That's funny because I have installed and removed them every time with a press on a few sets and it says to press them in!

:devil:

450Rida
09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
That's funny because I have installed and removed them every time with a press on a few sets and it says to press them in!

:devil:

well if your press is a peice of s*** like mine is their is other ways of doing it like the one i stated. both ways work fine. i dont wanna argue with you.