PDA

View Full Version : Wiley Mods Slipper Sprockets are on the way!

tyler70t
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Just spoke with Paul and he is getting ready to start making some slipper sprockets, for those of you who don't know yet these things are so much better than that stuff built overseas. Don't know how many he plans on making so if you want one give him a call . I got a couple pics of these and will attach.

tyler70t
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Another pic

09-11-2009, 05:17 PM
wonder if anyones going to b**** about him copying something already being made. good idea though but the fiber piece looks like the same material less at extreme mini quads was using

09-11-2009, 05:24 PM
wonder if anyones going to b**** about him copying something already being made. good idea though but the fiber piece looks like the same material less at extreme mini quads was using

quadnana7
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
These sprockets have been battle tested & proven to work.These are the ones that 609 & Paul made together. Justbringing them back.

raidernut
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by happydays

No not the same material that less at extreme mini quads. these are the best on the market, and it is not a copy. These came from the man who designed the original one for apex. weve been using them for three bullet proof years.

tyler70t
09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
another

redonkulousruntsracing
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Let me know how much and when available, I'm tired of replacing broken metallic $100 a pair discs, also the actual sprocket piece keeps getting ovaled out in the center causing it to rotate off center. I have replaced 3. All this on a bone stock '09 50 Apex with a 45 lb rider that gets the torque checked before every moto at 105 ft lbs. I have only moved the nut 1/16th of a turn in 50 plus motos!

tyler70t
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Just give Paul @ Wiley Mods a call, not sure when they will be ready or how much he's getting for them.....Jeff

redonkulousruntsracing
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
what's his #? I wish that some one would make these things so that the discs were slightly recessed into the plates so when the disc breaks, peices dont fall out. I have glued mine back together just so it will stay together until I can get the whole thing assembled then tightened down to make it thru a moto.

tyler70t
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
See rule#5 in regards to advertising

**Edited by Moderator**

raidernut
09-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by sickairseth
what's his #? I wish that some one would make these things so that the discs were slightly recessed into the plates so when the disc breaks, peices dont fall out. I have glued mine back together just so it will stay together until I can get the whole thing assembled then tightened down to make it thru a moto.

These will not have pieces fall out. They are epoxied to the plated and do not break apart,

heathmxracing
09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
FOLLOW THE RULES ON ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!

heathmxracing
10-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Just got off of the phone with Paul and he will have another batch shipping out next week.

tyler70t
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
We're putting one on for the race this weekend. This slipper sprocket looks like it was made for military use, I swear it looks bullet-proof!!!!!!!!

tyler70t
11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Just left Paul's shop and he has the sprockets ready so if you need one give him a call.

XXX -rider
11-03-2009, 06:27 PM
LOL he should pay you a % of the sales for ad-ing them ..or does he ??:p

tyler70t
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
He's just a good guy I met at the races and helps me out when I need to get parts so why not tell people he has some really good slipper sprockets. This has been our major issue this race season and I'm happy to see a much better quality part available, I am positive I am not the only race dad out there who has been waiting for these. And no he doesn't pay me and why would you be concerned with my finances?

bmxican345
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Jeff xxx rider is somone who doz not like paul becouse everything he tutches turns to gold

XXX -rider
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
bmxican345..funny stuff ..
ps try spellcheck ,..in future posts!!

tyler70t..sorry you misssed the point of my previous post ..
& just a lil info for ya ..I also know Paul and have dealt/ worked with him in the past & know he is good etc
I dont give a damn about your so called finances ..

yet both posts are great examples of the "mini dad " syndrome...
see ya guys :D

tyler70t
11-04-2009, 04:06 AM
XXX rider......Since joining this forum it has been nothing but helpful to me and I have not had any bad experiences dealing with all the good people involved in this sport. I felt the need to share news regarding a product that is going to be helpful to other people running CVTs. I have had several DNF's this year due to sprocket related issues and it was not due to lack of maintenance but the result of products that could not meet our needs. I hope that letting others know about this will help them and if I helped one person then I am happy.............If you have any concerns feel free to PM me so that this thread stays clear of any unnecessary drama.....Thanks and have a good one......Jeff

tyler70t
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
We ran this sprocket this weekend and it worked well, very different than our last one. This one we only torqued to 70 lbs and it never got hot to the touch or slipped as far as I can see. If anyone else picked one up let me know what you ended up torquing yours to, I am curious.

raidernut
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Put ours on today. Looks real nice, torqued the 90 to 75lbs, and the 70 to 70lbs. My son will be riding all day friday with ATV Pro Chad Weinen, so if they are going to fail, they will fail friday. Hoping for the best.

bulldogfallon
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
With all this hoopla about them we order them in for stock and added to the website

Hope they are as good as promoted

JIM GRACE
11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I dont give a damn about your so called finances ..

yet both posts are great examples of the "mini dad " syndrome...
see ya guys :D [/B][/QUOTE]

so when will we see ya, I heard your real popular

raidernut
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
With all this hoopla about them we order them in for stock and added to the website

Hope they are as good as promoted

Gary you wont be dissapointed. We are at the track now, and meeting Chad in the morning. We will be putting about 6-8 hours on the slipper tommarow, so well see what up with the hoopla. When ran the generation I all last year.

tyler70t
11-13-2009, 07:02 PM
How did you make out with your sprockets today and what was your final torque setting on the 90? Just want to make sure we are at the right setting......Jeff

raidernut
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by tyler70t
How did you make out with your sprockets today and what was your final torque setting on the 90? Just want to make sure we are at the right setting......Jeff

We ran for 6 hours with the 90 torqued to 75 lbs. Worked great, checked the torque every hour or so, and took a little click every so often. He hammered the bike and the sprocket held up great even trying to keep up with his riding partner.

raidernut
11-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Here is Buddy doing his best to hold off Chad Wienen, or so he thought:p