PDA

View Full Version : need help asap

joeyds450x
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
ive got a lonestar axle carrier and i cant seem to get it put back together right.. if somebody could post a up close picture of ther carrier so i can see how it looks fully assembled thatd be awesome..

thanks

blaster99
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
what are you having problems with? the axle wont go in the bearings?

joeyds450x
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
no it was fully assembled when i got it.. but when i put the break bracet on and axle nut then slide the callipar on it and tighten everything up the carrier moves back and fourth.. kinda like im missing sompthing.. not sure wut tho...
:confused:

blaster99
09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
do you have the snap-rings on there?, or the little clip that goes into the groove on the side of the sprocket hub?

joeyds450x
09-12-2009, 09:44 AM
theres no groove that i can see..

blaster99
09-12-2009, 01:04 PM
the sprocket hub probably isn't pressed in far enough. I had to get a specifically sized pipe to get the sprocket hub on, without bending it. it takes a while to get it on. There should be a groove there, and a clip pushes into it, and holds the sprocket hub from pushing off. Do you have an lsr axle? maybe its different than stock and doesn't have a groove?

joeyds450x
09-14-2009, 03:08 PM
i never took the sproket side apart.. its the caliar side i was havn troubles getting put together... yes i have the lsr axle

Racers Dad 37
09-14-2009, 05:16 PM
If all bearings and seals are in carrier start by
1 putting carrier in swingarm ( with axle hole down )
2 install caliper support and snap ring in place on carrier ( leave the caliper off)
3 lube seals and slid axle into carrier
4 lightly lube threads on axle put axle nut on and tighten 26 ft. lbs if you have tool if not large locking plier will work but don't over tighten it or damage threads or nut
5 after nut is tight put o'ring in place and install rotor so the 3 slot in rotor hub line up with 3 threaded holes in axle nut do not use the tab lock over if damaged install the 3 bolts and tighten this lockes the nut in place.
6 install caliper and wheel hub.

any ? let me know