PDA

View Full Version : quad vs dirtbike

buster024
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Opinions wanted:

I'm selling one of my quads, and I'm torn....Should I get a 450 or a new dirtbike?
I've got a pretty sweet 400ex, but I get killed at the dunes. It'd be nice to have something to compete without breakin' into the motor.
But, I'd love to get a new 2wheeler....

J.Brown121
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
i would personally get a new 250f b/c you already have a nice quad, but 450's are sweet man

jesseweaver
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
i would personally get a new 250f b/c you already have a nice quad, but 450's are sweet man

250fs are great bikes but if your riding dunes i would get a 450 bike, they are so much fun in wide open areas you can't beat the power

buster024
09-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I would definitely be getting a 250 of some type...prolly honda. I'm really leaning towards the bike over the 450 since I don't ride dunes all that often, but I'm thinking I may ride them more if I didn't get eaten there everytime I rode 'em.

cmaxx
09-11-2009, 06:25 AM
id prolly get a ditbike of some sort,im trying to sell my 450 right now to get a another 4 stroke dirtbike.

reptikes
09-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Keep a bike and a quad. I sold my quad to get a bike and now im trying to sell/trade my bike to get a quad.

Brad77
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah if you still have a quad then get a bike. I have both and its fun to swap around.

jesseweaver
09-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by buster024
I would definitely be getting a 250 of some type...prolly honda. I'm really leaning towards the bike over the 450 since I don't ride dunes all that often, but I'm thinking I may ride them more if I didn't get eaten there everytime I rode 'em.

you sure on the 250f? if you only ride track or trails thatd be great but wide open areas you will want more power pretty soon. your size doesn't matter too much, they're the exact same size. (250f and 450 bike)

you can get an older honda 450 for cheap (2 grand) and maybe keep the quad then?

or save up and get a 2010 yzf 450 :devil: wow what i'd do for one of them lol.

250x_kyle
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
you sure on the 250f? if you only ride track or trails thatd be great but wide open areas you will want more power pretty soon. your size doesn't matter too much, they're the exact same size. (250f and 450 bike)

you can get an older honda 450 for cheap (2 grand) and maybe keep the quad then?

or save up and get a 2010 yzf 450 :devil: wow what i'd do for one of them lol.

i say just step up and get a 450f bike. they are all around a blast to ride.

idk about you jesse but id be all about an 09 yz450f but the 2010 does look like its going to be sick depending on the flaws.

09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
A 450 or a banshee. All quads. No dirtbikes.

Come on guys? So much for being quad riders..

buster024
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Banshee? Ugh......it'll be a cold day before my arss is on one of those. A late 80's 250R would be the only two stroker you'd find me on (and that's a defnitie possibility!).

backwoodsracer
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM
LOOK plain and clear dirtbikes are way the hell fater than the 450s {125 2-strokes and 250 4-strokes} they are easier to launch of small things, but when it comes to riding year round youll be crying about winter time my suggestion is to stay on 4 wheels if you cant have both! trust me ive been there done that and now im stuck with a grizzly soon to go back to yamaha!

09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Banshee? Ugh......it'll be a cold day before my arss is on one of those. A late 80's 250R would be the only two stroker you'd find me on (and that's a defnitie possibility!).

It was just a suggestion, you didn't have to be an @ss about it. It would be a cold day in hell when I sell my banshee for a 250r.. the power difference is night and day. You said you rode dunes, well guess what? Banshee IS king of the dunes, so I threw it out there.
Everyone has different opinions and you're the one asking for them.

backwoodsracer
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
It was just a suggestion, you didn't have to be an @ss about it. It would be a cold day in hell when I sell my banshee for a 250r.. the power difference is night and day. You said you rode dunes, well guess what? Banshee IS king of the dunes, so I threw it out there.

HAHA POWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get em DMC

09-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
HAHA POWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get em DMC

I'm not trying to start an argument. I can't stand those 10 page long fights on this site.

But it erks me when people go around and talk such chit on them.

Mxjunkie
09-12-2009, 07:40 AM

lol I sold my banshee for a 250r and I'll never own another banchit again.. :p

as far as getting a dirtbike I say go for it, I miss riding bikes a lot specially after they logged the woods behind my house, my two fiddy dont fit anymore lol

backwoodsracer
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument. I can't stand those 10 page long fights on this site.

But it erks me when people go around and talk such chit on them.
Oh I know it pisses me off too. I am a big time Yamaha guy... so When these Children hate on the legend! gggrrr :mad: :mad:

F-16Guy
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Bikes are a blast at the dunes. Throw a paddle on and they hook up better than on dirt! A newer 250 2-stroke would have plenty of power at the dunes and still be easy to ride in the trails. The best thing about 2-strokes is that they will run for years before you need a rebuild, and that can be done for less than $200. I know 4-strokes are popular right now, but 2-strokes have quite a few good points about them that eveyone overlooks. They are cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, easy and cheap to modify, have great power, and are lighter in most cases. Something to think about.

F-16Guy
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I would definitely be getting a 250 of some type...prolly honda.

You're probably going to regret buying a 250F if you're going to ride in the sand a lot. Sand EATS horsepower, so you'll be having to hold that thing WFO all the time to go anywhere. Where are you riding? Sand Lake? Oregon Dunes?

UNBROKEN
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM
if u ride sand go with a cr500 hands down the best dirtbike for the sand , the motors a bullet proof and torquey *** hell , even for trail ridin id take a cr500 over a 450

KXRida
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
10 4 on the bike. Can't beat a 250F. Good running fun bikes.

Old Head
09-13-2009, 12:34 PM

banshees are cool but i'd rather have a 500 quadzilla. If you ever road one you would know why. Nothing like smoking the tires on dry road without powerbraking:macho

buster024
09-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Wow....so sensitive. I meant no offense to you personally big fella'.....just never been a banshee fan. I know they are legendary bikes, legendary speedsters, and legendary pains in the arss. I did ask for opinions, and I appreciate you sharing it.
.....and I would kill for a new Yamaha YFZ, so I'm not a Yammy hater by the way. I've been a Honda rider since the beginning, but I'm not that dork that thinks that everything else is crap. I've spent quite a bit of time on a 700 raptor, and appreciate it for what it is, although I'd never trade my 400 for it. Same for the Honda R. Sick bike, but I prefer my 400 for my type of riding. I think the yfz is the baddest 450 out there, but I'd love to spend some seat time on a 'zuki to see what there all about as well. About the only bike I'm really not interested to ride is a Kawi

Anyway, don't get all bent out of shape thinking I'm some teeny bopper Honda homer.

....that being said......
Ride red.