PDA

View Full Version : Legarrate Blount

buster024
09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I personally think the suspension was waaaay too long, but I'm interested to hear opinions from someone who isn't an Oregon homer like me.

go ducks.

J.Brown121
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
i think that the suspension was fair. he sucker punched that guy while the boise coach was yelling at him. i personally think blount is a punk, but the oregon QB is really good

do you know if the boise guy got suspended?

buster024
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The Boise player did not get suspended.

...and I agree it was a punk move, but an entire senior season? If someone throws a punch in the MLB or NHL it's just "fierce competition". Maybe the player gets a fine, or suspended a game or two. I can't recall a player getting suspended for the entire season ever. You can see Boise fans throwing a chair at him, and throwing punches as well. Shouldn't that be considered when rendering a career ending verdict?

J.Brown121
09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
it's bullchit that the boise player didn't get any suspension:grr:

and i think a lot of why he got suspended is b/c he went after the fans after the whole punch thing, but i believe that the whole fan thing is the fault of the oregon coaching staff and the jerk boise fans. i didn't see the chair thing, but i believe that the boise fans would do that

i know he's good and everything but he was a HUGE liability for ya'll with his temper and mouth. i think ya'll are gunna still be ok

i'm an oklahoma fan, and i know that i would have wanted the guy kicked off our team if they did that

madskrillz2
09-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by buster024
The Boise player did not get suspended.

...and I agree it was a punk move, but an entire senior season? If someone throws a punch in the MLB or NHL it's just "fierce competition". Maybe the player gets a fine, or suspended a game or two. I can't recall a player getting suspended for the entire season ever. You can see Boise fans throwing a chair at him, and throwing punches as well. Shouldn't that be considered when rendering a career ending verdict?

I think it's a ridiculous punishment myself. Mainly because if someone did that to me after a game, I would probably do the same thing. It's as much the Boise guys fault as it is Blount's. Blount was walking off the field minding his business and then this guy comes along. I think it all boils down to the NCAA "cracking down" on this stuff. That's what they keep sayin on ESPN anyway.

buster024
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I was at the game, and not only was it the worst football game I've ever seen the ducks play, but then embarassing at the end when Blount did his thing.

....but......I can't help but think if it wasn't nationally televised on opening night, it would have been 3-5 games TOPS!
I totally think it was a punk move, but he is a 20 year old, amped up dude, that just got shut down on national tv (unlike he ever had before). Then got trash-talked by some benchwarmer. I'd have had a hard time not deckin' that guy too. (it was a sweet punch though....freakin' hilarious).

It's just crazy to me, that the ncaa would suspend the 2nd highest ranked senior running back in the nation for the ENTIRE year.

J.Brown121
09-10-2009, 09:10 PM
it was a sweet punch:macho ...at least if the NFL doesn't work out he can get into MMA:blah:

ben300
09-11-2009, 05:56 AM
I was at the game, and not only was it the worst football game I've ever seen the ducks play, but then embarassing at the end when Blount did his thing.

....but......I can't help but think if it wasn't nationally televised on opening night, it would have been 3-5 games TOPS!
I totally think it was a punk move, but he is a 20 year old, amped up dude, that just got shut down on national tv (unlike he ever had before). Then got trash-talked by some benchwarmer. I'd have had a hard time not deckin' that guy too. (it was a sweet punch though....freakin' hilarious).

It's just crazy to me, that the ncaa would suspend the 2nd highest ranked senior running back in the nation for the ENTIRE year.

do you realize that actions like that make both states and the game look bad, and is just horrile sportsman ship. and i watched the same thing as everyone esle, adn blount should have just kept walking, but instead he had to let, probalby his normal emotions, get the best of him. did you know that oregon can loose their entire season for actions like that? there is no doubt they were gonna do something severe to him...heck he couldnt even control himself after the punch....the punishment for him may be debatable and along with punishment to the boise state player, but i think if your a possible nfl prospect, a senir on a team, and on national television, you'd use a little better judgement

extremeblastr
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
regardless of who said what or if you the d line just handed you your *** you do not throw a punch at an opposing team EVER. nobody said anything about the fans because it happens all the time and when was the last time you heard about a player trying to climb over some coaches and get into the stands to fight a fan? it wasn't just the punch to the boise state player that got him suspended it was his ridiculous behavior after the fact. i fully believe that if after he did it he had let his teammates march back into the locker room without causing anymore issues it would have only been a couple games, instead he chose to act more immature then my 11yr old cousin when theres girls around.

aDviSol2y
09-11-2009, 09:22 AM
GO BEAVS!

I just had to say it! :D

woodsman250r
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I think it was a fair punishment. It was a sucker punch after the game had ended and it just showed his frustrations. He trash talked leading up to this game and ended up with like -8 yards. He made the whole football program look bad with one punch. Granted the Boise player should have been punished too but that doesn't take away the fact that Blount punched him in the face. The punch video is a dark spot on Oregon football much like the punch by Woody Hayes was for Ohio State. Granted they are both good guys but one bad decision has tarnished those reputations. When you are in the eyes of public, one has to take full responsibility for their actions. Hopefully he comes out of this with a positive attitude and still has a promising career in football.

300ex_#387
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
when was the last time you heard about a player trying to climb over some coaches and get into the stands to fight a fan?

Ron Artest.

BakerRacing40
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
it's Oregon ... who cares??? :blah:

i think that was the best hit they've had in a couple years....

buster024
09-11-2009, 01:44 PM
it's Oregon ... who cares???

Oregon 34 -- Oklahoma 33....(don't complain about bad calls either)

Byu 14 -- Oklahoma 13 (just straight up beat)

Boise State 43 -- Oklahom -- 42 (beat in best bowl game ever)

Florida 24 -- Oklahoma -- 14 (not even that close)

West Virginia 48 -- Oklahoma 28 (beat by a Big East school)

USC 55 -- Oklahoma 19 (wow....55 points in a bowl game)

Stoops stinks.....choke..gag....cough....

Love to hate Oklahoma.....almost more than Michigan.

Go ducks!

extremeblastr
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Ron Artest.

ron artest was in the nba when that happend not at school...

don't get me wrong lol he was still a dumbass for doing it but different idea altogether.

btw blount rushed for i believe 1,008 total yards last year and in the boise state game he rushed for -5 yards at an average of -0.6 yards per carry. all that after spending most of the offseason talking about the whooping he was gonna put on boise state...

Guy400
09-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, the Boise player should've kept his mouth shut but players talk all the time. The talk to each other on the line, they talk after tackles, etc. and you don't see punches thrown. Blount sucker punched an opponent, then went after a teammate who tried to calm him down and from there attempted to go after a heckling fan. He's clearly unstable and he got a wake up call.

skillet
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
GO BEAVS!

I just had to say it! :D

DITTO'S :D

aDviSol2y
09-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I think someone is just mad because they don't have a running back any more and their team blows this year! LOL! But I am bias. I am a Beaver fan. He did deserve a suspension, weather a whole season was the right suspension, I don't know. That is why they don't let me make those kind of decisions. Plus I would not be surprised if he played in a couple of games at the end of the season. They are keeping him under scholorship, he is still practicing, and still going to classes. By the way, Buster, don't take me talking chit to seriously. I think it is unfortunate what happened. It does make Oregon look bad, and they are a great team, unless they are playing the Beavers. And don't even start with me about the civil war last year.....LOL! Hopefully The players can put this behind them and win some games especially against USC!

buster024
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
No worry's beaver nation. We'll be dispatching with you (again) soon enough. I guess first we better worry about Purdue and you better worry about UNLV. I hope the ducks show up this weekend. I'll be there rootin' em on, and cheering for our new redshirt freshman running back core!

.....as far as being mad we lost our running back, of course I'm dissapointed to have lost a star player. He is an idiot for doing it, does deserve to be suspended, but I just hate to throw a young guys college career down the toilet for punching a bronco (and a teamate).

BakerRacing40
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM

haha O--- WHO? LOL I HATE OU ...

i'm anti ou so that makes me like texas.. but osu, oklahoma not ohio.. is my team even when they really sucked, i hope they have another good season!

ben300
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40

i'm anti ou so that makes me like texas.. but osu, oklahoma not ohio.. is my team even when they really sucked, i hope they have another good season!

they'll have a mirror season of what they had last yera...loose to usc, loose a close game to pennstate, and then loose to someone in the fiesta bowl or some ****...

they have mediocre defense and i dont think terrel pryor is as spectacular as everyone makes hime out ot be...sure he can run...that about it...plus....osu only looses the games that truly matter....maybe when clarret left, he put some kinda great bambino curse on them or something...haha...tressell needs to loose the sweater vest

ben300
09-11-2009, 09:21 PM

Go ducks!

and what brought oklahoma into this...why dont we find a list of all the *** whoopins that have been handed down to the ducks over the years....im sure its pretty big too

buster024
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
and what brought oklahoma into this

...lol.....sorry, Bakerracing said something about "who cares about the ducks", and I noticed he was from Oklahoma...

....and it's always ok to bash on Ok..

ben300
09-11-2009, 10:04 PM
hahah...well we'll have to agree to disagree...im a big penn state fan, but also respect the quality of football in the big 12....i was really gunning for the sooners to beat the gators last year....

but i was also rooting for the ducks to beat boise state too...so...

just as long as ohio state and notredame loose adn psu wins....im a happy camper..

that, and carl edwards wins the sprint cup race later on today!!!

buster024
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
USC will be dispatching with OSU no problem. Guaranteed.....(then Oregon will dispatch with USC). :D

J.Brown121
09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40

the pokes hate texas too lol

and since you brought up the past i'll give you some numbers
7 National Championships
24 wins in 42 bowl appearances
5 Heisman winners
148 All-Americans

How do your ducks stack up?

BakerRacing40
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
hey Did you hear about the fire in the University of Oregon's football dorm that destroyed 20 books?............... The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet.

oregon should change from the ducks to the Opossums..... cause they play dead at home and get killed on the road!!

J.Brown121
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
LMFAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:D