PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 450x-is there that many issues w/Can Am?

rinaldi
09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Just started reading on this forum and see great deals on the 450x models, around $4500 new. Are these that much trouble they are selling them that cheap compared to list price? Or is it just the economy? I have been looking at other makes; Kawasaki, Yamaha and neither want to deal near what a Can Am can be picked up for. The Can Am looks great, but what seems to be the story?

I know between the economy and difficulty finding places to ride, but I would love to add another quad to my garage and Can Am has my vote based on price and description. Please don't take this as a negative post with the prices of the Can Am. I am confident if I tried to sell my new Honda 400 I would take a huge beating despite the fact I feel I got a smokin deal less than a year ago at $3300.

comander420
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I couldn't pass that deal up either. I paid $4500 shipped from NC to Illinois for a brand new 08X. I don't have hardly any hours on mine maybee 3 or 4 but I haven't had any problems yet. There was a couple of recalls one with the flywheel bolts backing out into the flywheel and the motor mounts. There was also a technical service bulletin which means you have to pay for the upgrade for the clutches. Mine started squeeling 5 minutes after I first rode it and has gotten a little louder. Some people have got their delaers to cover it, most like myself couldn;t get their dealer to do anything. Since you haven;t bought it yet you might be able to get them to do it. It consist of an extra clutch plate, new cover and hub I think. There also have been other issues I have read about but hopefully I don;t have the same happen to me. So far I am impressed with it. And if you go buy one tell the dealer you want to sign up for the racer support program. They knowck some money off the price and give you a lot of other goodies. Good Luck!

rinaldi
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Did you get yours for $4500 shipped? This is $4500 w/o shipping. Did you arrange your shipping and if so, who did you use?

comander420
09-12-2009, 06:29 AM
I got the best deal I've heard of so far. $4500 with shipping it was just under $4K out the door with all fees and it was about $515 to ship it (the dealer lined it up and used estes express). If I did it over again I would go to U-ship.com and see what kind of bids you can get if you have to ship one. I just shipped 2 MR50 minibikes from basically Davenport IA to Conyers GA for $300 for both. At first I was getting quoted $1k and $800 and $500 then I found a guy who was going through there anyways and worked out an awesome deal with him and got them shipped for $300.