PDA

View Full Version : Has and body put a 400ex frontend on a blaster.

Sick0
01-12-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm make a project blaster. I was looking at the frame, and thought if I could make a 400ex frontend work on the frame i would ahve a sweet setup for racing cheap.I think I can make it work but I looking any information or thoughts you guys would have.

2K1 300EX
01-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Never heard of it but anything is possible...

Sick0
01-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Well if you never heard of it. How would you go about it. Whats problems do you think I would run into.

TRX_Thumper
01-12-2003, 02:17 PM
id say its pretty obvious of the problems you would run into...then a arm mounts on the frame would need cut off and rewelded somewhere else so it would line up...also the shock mount...this isnt a honda to honda conversion ...the front end geometry isnt the same

Kadafiy
01-12-2003, 07:32 PM
My buddy is doing this now. The only problem is that we had to make a reamer so that the ball joint will fit. I think he is using the upper a arms and getting them extended by 1. If you need them reamed let me know I'll have the bit pretty soon.

Sick0
01-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Well I alredy plan to be welding. The lower a-arms mounts to the frame. So iwas think of going off that for where to mount the upper a-arms and shock.

Plus I plan using the splindles and disk brake from the 400ex. Thats way you have a way better stronger front end plus a good brakes. Plus the 400 shocks are like 2 ic longer so I would have to move the shock mount up. I have my 400ex frame apart right now so I can take all the measurment
to get it close on the blaster.