PDA

View Full Version : Building modified mini question

TnC'sdad
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Will it work well to use a 300ex chassis to build a modified 90cc mini? Thinking of using a CR85 engine. Is there another option that will work better? My son is tall and could use the extra leg room.

Thanks in advance!

mini
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I think a 300ex would work just fine,what age and how tall is he ?there are things you can do to make the 300 fit him better like rase the foot pegs up and forward things like that, here is an older pic of my sons laeger with a cr85 in it and worked great it now has a cr125 and hope to soon do a 250f motor, good luck on your build and check out the 300ex forum on here and get some ideas theres some awesome 300 on there.

TnC'sdad
09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
My son is 11, will be 12 this fall, which is another reason for wanting to go with the 300 chassis. Right now he is about 5'6, with a good bit of leg under him. He currently rides a Suzuki Z250 at home.

My thoughts were that with the larger chassis a larger engine can be put in when he is old enough to move up to the next level.

Thanks for the advice!

By the way, beautiful quad!

mini
09-11-2009, 08:25 PM
tnC'S dad, My son is also 11 going on 12 and 5'6'' ,if you deside to go with the 300 my two cents would be to go all out on the suspension "long travel" the suspension will build so much convidents in your son he will scare you, just keep an eye on ebay for parts and go from there ,using the same chassis is a good idea because he will always be used to the chassis just make it faster, if you find some shocks like axis on ebay that need rebuilt you can send them to Josh at wiigstyleracing.com hes in red oak Indiana and does good work "plug" if we can be any help to you just ask and good luck.

TnC'sdad
09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks mini. I may take you up on your offer. Are there any "issues" with using the 300 chassis instead of the 90?

mini
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Do you mean 90 as in drr or apex chassis? if you are it would be night and day ,nate has raced kasea and apex's and glad i know how to weld lol and it would cost you the same in parts so still go with the 300 or 250r ,250x.

TnC'sdad
09-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I was thinking 300ex or TRX90.

markvette
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
i would go with a 250r frame. they are cheap right now, parts are cheap and will be able to find more used after market parts for it, already has a radiator and the 250r was one of the best handling quads ever made.

Mark

mini
09-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I thought you had already had a 300ex but if your looking for a quad to build yes like mark said 250r you can get one race ready for 5k and sell the motor and get a 85.

TnC'sdad
09-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Is the 250r what you used for your project?

mini
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
yes ,a laeger 250r

09-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mini
I think a 300ex would work just fine,what age and how tall is he ?there are things you can do to make the 300 fit him better like rase the foot pegs up and forward things like that, here is an older pic of my sons laeger with a cr85 in it and worked great it now has a cr125 and hope to soon do a 250f motor, good luck on your build and check out the 300ex forum on here and get some ideas theres some awesome 300 on there.

Nice quad Ron and yes Nate can ride.

motoxgirl419
09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
i have a already rolling chasis 90 mod already has everything you need all except the motor and electronics selling due to building daughter a full size bike.
blaster chasis
yfz radiator custom mounted
janssen longtravel
custom axis triple rate 150-170Lb all newly rebuilt comp rebound
+3 swing arm custom axis dual rate rear comp resiviored
disc brakes all around
banshee spindles and hubs
holeshots allaround rear 3 races on
antivibe stem flex bars
frame was done by Roberts Racing
very good bike

2500.00 obo

all this thing needs is a motor and pipe and electronics .
even might help with delivery.
pics are in the yamaha parts under blaster partout aftermarket
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1367/dscn0951n.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2884/dscn0953m.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7816/dscn0950q.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1783/dscn0946bne.jpg

LT80
09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Is there a reason that you just don't use a 300ex motor in a 300ex? :)

TnC'sdad
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM
90cc limit

LT80
09-14-2009, 08:21 AM
I see. :)
I'd stick with a blaster frame or 300ex.
I've seen the 250R's with 80's in em. Never did any good. Just too heavy, too long, too slow. :D

TnC'sdad
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Any idea of the weight difference between the three chassis?

TnC'sdad
09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Motoxgirl419 where in IL are you located?

motoxgirl419
09-14-2009, 10:50 AM
you have a pm

drr5
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
ive got if interested a blaster cr80 hybrid lonestar extended swing arm durablue extended axle all sta a arms elka rear yfz fronts race ready with spare motor ,race cut plastics red gripper seat 1800.00

national #9
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by LT80
I see. :)
I'd stick with a blaster frame or 300ex.
I've seen the 250R's with 80's in em. Never did any good. Just too heavy, too long, too slow. :D boy jack, you haven't been arround the races lately, KIDS on Quads has had top 5 riders at nationals since 2004, on their 250r based, 90 mods, which uses a light weight chromoly chassis, and long travel suspension, and, actually the 300ex frame weighs about the same as the 250r .

bracey
09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by national #9
boy jack, you haven't been arround the races lately, KIDS on Quads has had top 5 riders at nationals since 2004, on their 250r based, 90 mods, which uses a light weight chromoly chassis, and long travel suspension, and, actually the 300ex frame weighs about the same as the 250r . what nationals have you been at.?????????? national #9 they dont have 5 of the 250r kids on quads in the class let alone the top 5 riders ......and by the way a 300 ex frame is the heaviest you can use...... most of the full size 90 mod quads will be around 300 lbs and the custom jbs around 270 lbs depending on the way it is set up bars wheels tires axle ............... thing like that and i have most of them on a 4 pad digital scale and have races the class for 5 years

mini
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
bracey, the w.o.r.c.s. series here on the west coast the top youth riders are on hybrid quads tanner beckman "owner of apex" son's on a lonestar chassis with a yz250f power plant, derek is on a laeger 250r with a yz250f , my son on a laeger cr125 has won two works races but has not done the series and the most winningest youth racer on the west coast cole fite "fiteracing.com" has a hybrid with a yz250f also , and the list gos on the rest are on jb's weight wise the laeger with a cr85 was well under 300 it would be the same as a jb just a few inches longer.

LT80
09-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Whoa baby. :D
#9, I'm not getting in between you and bracy on that stuff. LOL
I was referingto the stock 250R chassis mods I've seen.

So how about those Steelers..........<G>

mini
09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
gooooo seahawks

09-15-2009, 08:24 PM
GO COLTS :macho :macho :macho :D

motoxgirl419
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
my mod chasis is now sold, sorry

bracey
09-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by mini
bracey, the w.o.r.c.s. series here on the west coast the top youth riders are on hybrid quads tanner beckman "owner of apex" son's on a lonestar chassis with a yz250f power plant, derek is on a laeger 250r with a yz250f , my son on a laeger cr125 has won two works races but has not done the series and the most winningest youth racer on the west coast cole fite "fiteracing.com" has a hybrid with a yz250f also , and the list gos on the rest are on jb's weight wise the laeger with a cr85 was well under 300 it would be the same as a jb just a few inches longer. what i was asking is was national #9 was talking about ...not the w.o.r.c.s series 250f hybrids ...and he was saying 90 MOD on kids on quads 250r chassis not 250f hybrid ........being the top five riders at the nationals .......anyone can look back at the results and see thats not true .........anyway back to the topic ...... i will have to see any full size quad that would be well under 300lbs ....like i said i have weighed many of mini quads and have surprised most people including my self .......and if you want to look under my user name you will see that i have posted 2 of my hybrids on this site 1 of them 400ex chassis crf150r and the other 1 400ex chassis crf250r .......i also had 3 400ex chassis 90 mods 1 bud fischer 90 mod 1 in a trx90 cr85 (90 mod) blaster 90mod .....so i have seen up close quite a few 90 mods......but you can believe what ever you would like ....this is just my point of view

national #9
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bracey
what nationals have you been at.?????????? national #9 they dont have 5 of the 250r kids on quads in the class let alone the top 5 riders ......and by the way a 300 ex frame is the heaviest you can use...... most of the full size 90 mod quads will be around 300 lbs and the custom jbs around 270 lbs depending on the way it is set up bars wheels tires axle ............... thing like that and i have most of them on a 4 pad digital scale and have races the class for 5 years I have been at the nationals, I said they have had top 5 riders, NOT the top 5 riders, to name a few, Alex Trompen, Andy Pruzinski, Brittney Snyder, Alex Nickerson, luke Skalisus, and they have a new rider, that should step up to the top 5 in 2010, tanner viackus, they also have a slew of others all over the country, and their latest version weighs about the same as the jb

jandjracing
09-16-2009, 02:33 PM
KIDS on Quads has had top 5 riders at nationals since 2004, on their 250r based, 90 mods

If you don't mean the top 5 what are your riders the top of? I don't mean to discredit your riders at all, I am just confused. You can look back at al of the results of the past years. "Since 2004" implies you have had "top 5 riders" every year since then. Please explain yourself.

bracey
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I have been at the nationals, I said they have had top 5 riders, NOT the top 5 riders, to name a few, Alex Trompen, Andy Pruzinski, Brittney Snyder, Alex Nickerson, luke Skalisus, and they have a new rider, that should step up to the top 5 in 2010, tanner viackus, they also have a slew of others all over the country, and their latest version weighs about the same as the jb just to name a few.... i think you have named them all ....but anyway good luck to you and with your team Tom :eek2: :) :)

national #9
09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
You only asked me to name the top 5 national riders they have, I could call Tom and ask him for a list of all of the mods they have racing, I know they have at least 10 in illinois only, but I will pass it on to Tom, about your well wishes.

bracey
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
you are taking it to far ...nobody really cares ...sounds like your tring to advertise for k.o.q ...........the guy only wanted to know about building a 90 mod ......not how great or how good someones riders are doing ..relax a little TOM it aint that serious

national #9
09-17-2009, 05:44 PM
lol, thats funny, that you think I am Tom, he won't even come on the forums, because there is too much back stabbing and drama. I was simply replying to LT80's remark, and then you jumped in and started this whole thing. nuff said.

bracey
09-18-2009, 01:06 AM
. nuff said. best thing you have said yet TOM T.

national #9
09-18-2009, 07:25 AM
There is one in every group, needs to argue about everything. Bracey is the one here.

jandjracing
09-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Watching from the sidelines on this conversation, you are the one who blew this thing up, National #9 A.K.A. Tom. You threw out the bogus claim to have top 5 riders on your quads in the nationals in the 90 mod class. You lied about that and got caught. Maybe try sticking with the KOQ advertisements, you seem to get by with that easy enough.

My 2 cents on the chassis would be to use a 400ex or yfz450 chassis if you can not buy a custom made one. I have seen both of the chassis finish in the top 5 for the year in 2009 with results to prove it. Sorry that "Tom" had to get your post off track.

national #9
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
wow, another one, I simply replied to lt80, that 250r based mods, can be competitive, by saying that kids on quads mods, have had riders in the top 5 nationaly since,2004, and named the riders that accomplished this for each year. lt 80 was satisfied with the answer, and the post was over as far as I was concerned. then you and bracey jumped on it, with out even reading the post correctly, and are trying to make kids on quads look bad, when Tom, has done more for michigan youth racing then anyone,by starting it again, when there was no racing for them. and again I am not Tom, our family has been involved in their racing program since the beginning, and have been using their products since they started making them. I don't know who either of you are, but you are bashing the wrong person.

jandjracing
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
I am very appreciative of the impact you, I mean Tom has had on quad racing in your area. Still trying to figure out how that fits into this thread. I jumped in because I spotted a lie. KOQ has not had a rider on thier chassis above 8th place for the last two years for any national race weekend. Not a slam on KOQ or 8th place or 250r frames, just was misleading and not true to anyone reading. I have also been looking up finishes in other disceplines as well. This way I am prepared when I read: "KOQ 250r based chassis has just won the Baja 1000."

By the way, I am:

Kevin French
2kidsracing@gmail.com

national #9
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
well, you were right, I thought Luke finished better last year, it should have read top 5 2004-2007 and top 10 in 2008, then 2009, I guess they didn't do as well, at the ama nationals, but finished 4-5 in the ama national championship by HLR in the mod, and super mini, sorry I misspoke. but lets stop this b.s, and let the thread go back to what the original guy wanted to know.

bracey
09-18-2009, 09:33 AM
There is one in every group, needs to argue about everything. Bracey is the one here. yep you have that right iam the one on here telling the truth and not hiding who iam .....if you are not TOM then why is it almost every 1 of your old post sound like a advertisement for k.o.q. .......and if you are so close to TOM...... then why do your post always start out like (i just read)...or (i just heard) or (i was at a local track and seen) but always end up with somthing about k.o.q. ....its pretty easy to see who you are .............. by the way iam SAM DYER .......... now who are you

national #9
09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
not who you think I am, but, I am very close to their team, and want to keep it that way. so since we have taken up so much time from this mans post with bs, I am ending my posts on the subject.

lilman
09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
wooowww! i thought we only had this in western canada! lt80 lt 80? are you there? its nice to see you two are crazy about the sport but come on! lets all show up some where and let the kids swap quads! i bet they have the same smiles when they get off of them.

lilman
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
and probably finish close to were they would on their own quads lol

bracey
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
[i]Originally posted by national #9 I am ending my posts on the subject. [/B] thank you TOM

trompen542
09-19-2009, 12:18 PM
hey Deyer, this is Tom From kids on quads, why don't you leave her alone? she is only doing what any sponsored rider would do, promote products she believes in. when I got a call from her very pissed husband last night, I had to break my own rule, and get on these stupid forums, and set you straight.

jandjracing
09-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by trompen542
why don't you leave her alone?

There wasn't anyone picking on anyone. A couple people spotted a lie. It was exposed in this thread. All straight now.

I think someone might have took things a little far or wrong if thier pissed husband had to call and get you to break your own rule.

bracey
09-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by trompen542
hey Deyer, this is Tom From kids on quads, why don't you leave her alone? she is only doing what any sponsored rider would do, promote products she believes in. when I got a call from her very pissed husband last night, I had to break my own rule, and get on these stupid forums, and set you straight. i got a better idea the next time you see me you tell me all about it .........and try to set me straight then ............and like jandjracing said their aint nobody picking on her or you more like it ... but if i was that sensitive i would'nt get on these stupid forums (as you put it ).............i will give you a call tomorrow and you can tell me how you really feel .................. by the way its DYER not DEYER.....TOROMPEN:) :) :)

LT80
09-20-2009, 08:30 AM
"" lt80 lt 80? are you there?""

Leave me out of this!!! :D

If ppl were required to post their real names, it'd help stop BS reply's. It's easy to spout off when you think your annonymous.

quadscrib
10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I have to tell you all this this gay childish pin dick squabbling has made you look like fools and have kept myself and I'm sure others away from your living through you kids bickering nationals......very very ridiculous.
Now Im lowering myslef to your levels and even bothering to respond but the irony is TOM TROMPEN that the reason I found this post is cause I looked at your posts due to you pretending to be two different people on another thread or my suspicion that you were and lo and behold the first one I look at is you being exposed for it......very interesting. The rest of you... go read this whole thread and look at how youre representing the sport. Are you guys over 6?
THIS IS FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW I am:
Bryan Scribner #229
scribnerl@aol.com

And TOM, nothing personal in any way but youre posts are VERY transparent. I actually strongly support your work for youth quad racing in Michigan but...come on dude.

srxmiller
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Most forums have moderators that do their jobs, and this would have ended 6 posts ago. LOL.

LT80
10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
It was a dead horse for over a month.

bracey
10-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by quadscrib
I have to tell you all this this gay childish pin dick squabbling has made you look like fools and have kept myself and I'm sure others away from your living through you kids bickering nationals......very very ridiculous.
Now Im lowering myslef to your levels and even bothering to respond but the irony is TOM TROMPEN that the reason I found this post is cause I looked at your posts due to you pretending to be two different people on another thread or my suspicion that you were and lo and behold the first one I look at is you being exposed for it......very interesting. The rest of you... go read this whole thread and look at how youre representing the sport. Are you guys over 6?
THIS IS FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW I am:
Bryan Scribner #229
scribnerl@aol.com

And TOM, nothing personal in any way but youre posts are VERY transparent. I actually strongly support your work for youth quad racing in Michigan but...come on dude. somehow you must not have looked threw this post . because i dont see anyone living threw thier kids .(if that is what you are saying but i cant tell what you are saying )....this is clearly somone misleading and lying about a few things in order to sell thier products .But i have sat here and watched him mislead people all over this forum and try to aim them towards KOQ ... and i think by exposing a liar and helping to get to the truth is representing the sport pretty darn good . and the only fool here is the one who got caught and mad over getting caught . and what are you guys trying to say when you say that you are lowering yourself to are levels do you really think that when you get on this post and say the things that you say that you are doing anything diffrent then we are? Dont kid your self you are doing the same thing we was doing except we did'nt use your mature choice of words (GAY CHILDISH PIN DICK SQUABBLING) to prove that we was over 6 ...... and yes........ WE ARE HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s and thanks for putting life back into this otherwise dead post great idea

quadscrib
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Well I did realize the age of this thread AFTER I posted.....my bad.
Obviously there Bracey youre quite a bright guy......again your response is showing that.
And yep Ill agree that all I did was lower myself to respond or pipe in but what an embarrassment to read such threads on here.
Tom I have absolutly nothing personal against you but honestly I would work on your reputation if I were you..... around here (district 14/michigan) it aint so good and the way youre TRYING (very unsuccessfully) to pull the wool over peoples eyes here is just digging you a big hole. Come on man, I think your heart is in the right place but go about this differently. And one last note, splitting Michigan mini riders from the two already suffering series' isnt going to help.
As far as "living through your kids", in my 6 years of MX race exposure almost every jack a s s parent I encounter isnt a rider themselves and scream and yell at their kids and each other cause they are living though their kids.... or thats the way I see it. Usually it people who will fight back and forth on a place like this that are the same ones who act like that at the track...but here I am doing the same thing. So on that note Im done here,and hope I havnt made any enemies but we ALL need to act like adults and represent our already hurting sport better.
And fighting amoungst each other is NOT the fun I was referring to.

Pappy
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by srxmiller
Most forums have moderators that do their jobs, and this would have ended 6 posts ago. LOL.

Try using the "report this thread" option if you feel a Moderator needs to be involved. We shouldnt have to babysit the mini sections seeing there arent any kids in here, just a bunch of parents that love to bicker and fight

bracey
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by quadscrib
...but here I am doing the same thing. So on that note Im done here,and hope I havnt made any enemies but we ALL need to act like adults and represent our already hurting sport better.
And fighting amoungts each other again you keep on saying we was fighting and looking bad . But tom and you have been the only ones swareing and getting out of line and caught in lies. if by helping people who are on here looking for some info. get the facts straight is fighting then what is a forum for??? and by reading a few post from people you can determine all that. like how they act towards the families ,kids ..then you are a bad man ...but we both agree on one thing (the wool over peoples eye's) so good bye for now

LT80
10-29-2009, 03:56 PM
"Try using the "report this thread" option if you feel a Moderator needs to be involved"

Shouldn't have to......your BS detector is suposed to be on. :D :D

Pappy
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh its on...like finding out who is using more then one name in this section.....:chinese: