PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new 2007 400EX Leftover

Ba9801
09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
I just bought my wife a new 2007 400EX.
They had a leftover at my local dealer and they were offering a great price of $3800. That is brand new with the factory Honda 6mt warranty.

I will be giving her old 87 Yamaha Warrior to my brother.

I just picked it up today and she has already taken it the mud tonight and gotten it dirty. :)
Fortunately I had her take a couple pics of it before we went out. I will post them as soon as she gets them developed.

She is also eager to get some parts for it asap.
Pro Armour Body Skid, Armadillo Swing-arm Skid, IMS Nerf Bars, CCP Steering Stabilizer, Parking Brake Block Off Plate, ROX Dash Board and one way check valve for the fuel vent line. I will probably get her a new clutch perch as well to get rid of the rest of the parking brake assembly.

We ride all tight trails, Any other ideas for parts we should order right away for it? I will upgrade her front shocks soon, just need to find another set of 450r ones for sale at a good price.

BikeSwimLaugh
09-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Congrats & Sweeeeeet deal!!!!! :D

And I thought I stole mine for $4,500 but that was out-the-door including tax, reg & licensing.

You got everything pretty much dialed-in with your plan. You could also go with a K&N air-filter, slip-on exhaust and re-jet the carb, as well as a mod to the air-box lid. A pair of hand-guards may save her from a broken nail...

The stock tires aren't all that strong, might wanna upgrade the fronts to some Maxxis Razr2's and whatever 6-ply you like for the rear. I went with I-Razr's because I wanted to be able to slide the back, but for ultimate traction the Razr2's on the rear are gnarly.

Can't think of much else....I'd have to defer to Tri5Ron, the King of A.A.D.S :D