PDA

View Full Version : eliminator axle question

kpwilburn
01-12-2003, 06:33 AM
I have a basically stock 400EX and just bought an eliminator 2+2 axle. I race mx so I was wondering where I should put the spacers. I put the spacers on the inside of the hub but it looks a little too wide since the front end is stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KrazyKid300ex
01-12-2003, 07:22 AM
where do you excpect to put them. what kind of spacers here. make more sense here man.:huh :huh :huh :confused: :confused:

01-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Leave the spacers on the inside of the hub,,,wider is better on the mx track..I run mine fully extended at the mx track..have fun and be safe..:macho

smith
01-13-2003, 08:56 AM
with a stock front end, best bet is to put the wide spacers inside the hub, narror spacers out side the hub. if you get too wide in back with a narrow front end, it tends to want to wander a bit in the rough. good luck.

Predator36
01-13-2003, 09:14 AM
If you like to run berms fast, than you want to keep the back end at least a 1/4 inch narrower than the front. Otherwise you want the back as wide as it will go.

Also accelerating up the face of a jump is nicer with a narrow back end. The extra leverage when you are wide will give the tire with the most traction more pull causing the bike to jump crooked.