PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

madskrillz2
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Anybody here every had problems with it? Lately I've had bouts of it and it's just really strange. Actually it can be sort of scary because I feel nervous for no reason a lot of times. It just doesn't make sense because I've always been an outgoing person. Never thought anxiety would be something I would have to worry about.

Oh and it almost always happens when I'm in class. Almost never happens anywhere else.

Jigsaw
09-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah I have bad nerves. It seems like Im constantly nervous about nothing, its weird... and sometimes I get panic attacks. I just strive through it even though it can be rough at times. I hate it but nothing I can do really.

400exrider69
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
i developed the same problem i was an A student and when 8th grade started back i was nervous the whole time bout school about this about that and i ended up getting shingles

so after that was the last straw with all the problems i had with school i withdrew and got home schooled this is my 3rd year now and haven't really had a problem since i got rid of the drama and before that they thought i was gonna have to be on meds

madskrillz2
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
The main thing that helps me is when I make it a point to get some sleep. I've noticed lately that when I get a good nights rest, I feel perfectly normal. I did nothing but party all summer so I got used to sleeping in all day. Since school started back, I've been a zombie until recently. I've had it a few times in the past but it has gotten really bad recently. That's what makes me think sleep is a big part of it.

I feel ya on the panic attacks though. I don't think I've had a full blown one, but I have left church and class early before it could get that bad.

meankfx
09-09-2009, 06:19 PM
What happens to you when you have a panic attack?

madskrillz2
09-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Basically you just get overwhelmed with nervousness and paranoia. To me, it almost feels like the room is HUGE and everybody is staring at me for some reason or another. But like I said, I've never had a true panic attack. I've been able to calm myself down every time.

Jigsaw
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Usually when I have a panic attack it feels like I'm dying. like I have to remember to breathe, and I can't sit still..idk its hard describe. It sucks really bad though

Mxjunkie
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by meankfx
What happens to you when you have a panic attack?

Better find somewhere to sit down quick! lol I had one at work and I laid over into a door I just got done putting clear on.. Stress is a way of life in todays age its a common fact, you learn to deal with it... Debt drives me insane.. I HATE paying the tool truck every week, its 50 dollars I could be using to get riding again thats forsure.. everyones got something on their mind, or if your like me theres about 100 things at once lol

ya'll will be aight though, just spend time on your quads, theres too much else to worry about so why not be little selfish and enjoy the hobby, after all hobbys and there to clear your mind free of that nonsense!

rodeo#11
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I have a severe anxiety disorder that i developed in my earlier adult-hood. I also have rapid bipolar disorder and A.D.D. but i walked that off lol They have me on a pill called lithium which seems to help and citalopram for the anxiety. Best thing to do during a panic attack.

1. try to control your breathing.
2. make sure you don't hyperventilate!
3. try to calm yourself down!!!
4. hydrate with juice or water... seems to help me alot.

You need anymore help just ask i've had this problem for years now so i know im frigged up in the head and willing to help anyone else who is crazy like me! lol

rodeo#11
09-09-2009, 09:04 PM
and i agree with the previous post spend time on your quad!!!! dont give your brain time to be stressed!!!!!

powermadd400ex
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
i get nervous really easy, it doesnt relate to my sleep though.
ive always been this way. it seems like going out with friend ive known since i was a toddler stresses me out. same with school, work, and even riding now.
when i started dipping i thought it helped me. i thought it was like a crutch and it kinda did. well it didnt help at all. and it kinda makes it worse cause im always afraid i will get caught. i guess it was like an illusion. i wish i knew a way to make it stop but i came no avail. :/

Mxjunkie
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by rodeo#11
and i agree with the previous post spend time on your quad!!!! dont give your brain time to be stressed!!!!!

haha heck yeah, I'm right there with you about the a.d.d and a.d.h.d i have the attention span of a nat until I'm riding, then atleast I can pay attention to every tree I see for a good reason instead of me day dreaming.. lol :blah:

madskrillz2
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
You know maybe not riding is a big thing too. I haven't ridden in a good 4 or 5 months because my motor went out on me. I never had this problem when I was riding. Hopefully I'll have it back in the next month or so.

NacsMXer
09-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Anybody here every had problems with it? Lately I've had bouts of it and it's just really strange. Actually it can be sort of scary because I feel nervous for no reason a lot of times. It just doesn't make sense because I've always been an outgoing person. Never thought anxiety would be something I would have to worry about.

Oh and it almost always happens when I'm in class. Almost never happens anywhere else.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I never had any sort of anxiety/panic symptoms in my life until my senior year in college. It was almost time to graduate and it was "crunch time" to get good grades and perform well.

I would be sitting in class say doing something chill like watching a movie for the day, and out of nowhere I would get this overwhelming uncomfortable sensation. For me it was almost a suffocating feeling, like I couldn't breathe. I had a couple more "panic attacks" at home later that year too where I thought I seriously needed to go to the hospital. Again, felt like I couldn't breathe, my heart was going to stop, etc.

Went to the doc and he prescribed me some alprazolam (xanax) for acute symptom usage. That really helped me out when I felt some bad anxiety coming on, just completely calmed me down.

The bad anxiety seemed to subside a bit after finishing up with school and everything. I haven't had to take a xanax in several months now. I really think stress as well as other compounding factors is what can trigger this sudden onset of anxiety in people.

CDALEMX301
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Yep, anxiety is definatly no fun... I have always been nervous in big group settings, school, etc whenever I need to talk to people I don't really know etc...Anyway I always thought it was normal and everyone felt like that...Joined the Coast Guard and three days into bootcamp started having panic attacks...They ended up putting me a hospital basically that was on base...They to keep giving me meds to keep me from having them and I was discharged three weeks later :-(... Evidentally I have anxiety and never knew it before this situation...Ever since then it seems to be worse then it used to be but now I am aware of it and just try to calm myself down when I get worked up...

Like someone else said best thing to do is focus on your breathing when it happens it clears your head and will calm you down...Avoid hyperventilating cuz it just makes it worse...

madskrillz2
09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
It helps a lot to know that other people experience it and you're not just going insane. That's how I felt before I realized what was happening to me.

TRXman86
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
PM me with what's going on. I got of issues with stress, anxiety, depression... Not a pretty sight... Hit me up I'm sure I can give you some insight on what you can do to help!!! Don't let it get to far or it will pretty much destroy you inside..

JParisi48
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
i get anxiety on the way to my races, it feels like nothing else i only get it in the car, once i get to the race it never comes back. i cant really do anything to stop it other than to just sleep in the way there.....idk......its wierd

JParisi48
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
i get anxiety on the way to my races, it feels like nothing else i only get it in the car, once i get to the race it never comes back. i cant really do anything to stop it other than to just sleep in the way there.....idk......its wierd

09-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I always get nervous before class lol idk why I think its because I dont think I will make it to class on time even though I leave early enough to have plenty of time to park and chill. I made record timing this week I shaved off like 8 minutes. I left late but ended up driving so fast and hitting the lights perfect I cut off a bit of time. Thank you radar detector. But 8 minutes is a lot of time considering the distance. I'm not even sure if I looked at my speedometer the whole time until after I passed someone on a 2 lane road and it said 140 and I thought WTF am I doing i'm going to make it there with time to spare.

easman31
09-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Goto a Dr. and explain your symptoms. A anxiety pill may be needed. But most important its not healthy to be having those feelings, it can put alot of stress on your heart. Like I said before, go see your Dr..