PDA

View Full Version : Polaris predator 500 steering stem question.

Bama4
09-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a 2006 polaris predator 500 and recently wrecked it. I was thinking it was the handlebars and after taking them off discovered that it was the steering stem. Does this require taking the entire front end apart or does the stem slide right out? Also I have been checking pricing on these things and found a few for around 135.00$ anyone know where I could get one used or if other models will interchange? Sorry for posting twice but i just discovered the predator outlaw forum.

predmxr05
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
no you dont have to take apart the whole front end. just remove the gas tank and fenders if you want. otherwise there is two 1/2 screws right in front of the gas tank you have to remove along with its bracket. then remove the bolt at the base of the steering stem that connects to the tie rods. then there is one nut on the bottom of the stem that holds it against the frame. i dont know about pricing, but rath, houser, and lonestar all make aftermarket stems that are a lot stronger. i rolled mine with a couple times with a rath and nothing has bent yet.