PDA

View Full Version : Western Massachusetts

Sick0
09-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Any where or anybody to rider in the western mass area...

bertmeister
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Pittsfield state forest, Beartown state forest, October Mountain state forest. Check out this link:
http://www.mass.gov/dcr/recreate/orv.htm.

I've been to Pittsfield and Beartown, had a blast.

88redrocket
09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I know a couple of places, my friend has a track in chesterfield and aslong as you sign a waiver he'll let you ride there, i know a couple other tracks they are kind of sandy and whooped out but still fun. One is in northampton and the other is in hatfield. Let me know if you wanna go sometime i have no one to ride with anymore all my friends sold there quads.

Sick0
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I would be intrested... we should meet up one these weekends..

partyboy424
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey, I just moved out to Charlton a little while ago. not to much of a hike to the western part of mass from here.

Just found out about this event. I'm injured so definitely won't be participating but this hill looks pretty insane. So I'll be there! It's in Monson MA put on by the Quaboag Riders http://www.quaboagridersmc.com/home.asp

Monson is about 30 minutes east of Springfield maybe 45 west of Worcester.
Starts at 11am

If you guys have places to ride I'll take a trip out there to go riding with you guys.

Sick0
09-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I've been there before....My friend and actull rip up the hill when there closed... Its actully in heovos 4..... Pretty sick

Sick0
09-10-2009, 09:35 PM
There is couple of places to rider here, but I'm sick riding by myself... Its just too much trouble to get my friends to go riding... So rided with new people and new places...

partyboy424
09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Haha, yeah I'm in the same boat, can never get anyone to go riding. It's either "too dusty, too cold, too hot" My one buddy Jeff who does go a lot with me has a suzuki king quad that will go through anything.

I ride a honda 700xx and just put ITP mudlites on the rear and rzr 2's on the front.

A good place to go is an ATV park up in Canaan NH that has a full day's worth of decently hard trails. Hopefully I'll meet some people at this hillclimb that know of some good places to go riding.

Once I'm all healed up in a couple weeks I'll go riding pretty much anytime any day.

88redrocket
09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey Sick0, a while back someone was telling me about some sandpit in dalton you could ride at i know thats up your way, you ever been there? I actually broke my wrist riding a couple months ago, had a screw put in it but i will be able to ride again in a couple more weeks so when im fully healed we should defenitly go riding one weekend.

Sick0
09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I've ridden in dalton once... I think its a bust these day, cops are all over it...... I think was pretty cool if I remeber.... but when ready to ride hit me up...

I ride in hinsdale.. which is above dalton all the time..

88redrocket
09-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Alright sounds good ill pm you in a couple weeks and we'll set something up.

88redrocket
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Here are some pics of the track in chesterfield

tabletop

http://i29.tinypic.com/34j42dl.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/106ha49.jpg

double

http://i29.tinypic.com/2im5pv8.jpg

berm before the tabletop

http://i28.tinypic.com/55pd0x.jpg

partyboy424
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
That track looks awesome, I've never really hit any big jumps like that. Always doing hill climbs and thick trails. how much distance is between those landings?

88redrocket
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Im not really sure on how big the gaps are, we never really measured it. We are thinking about turning one of the doubles into a triple because we all can overshoot the landing by alot.

700Xxrida
10-11-2009, 06:53 AM
have you guys ever riden at crow hill mx park in templeton ma
there are alot of sand pits in templeton there are some on chruch hill road that you are alod to ride atv you can drice your truck right into the sand pits.

Fear250r
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Anyone know when the hillclimbs in Monson are? Or, if there are any others in the New England area coming up? Or have I missed everything for this year?

partyboy424
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
It looks like the hill climbs are done for the atv's and dirtbikes this year. They have a 4x4 truck one next month and then I think they close for the season.

I Finally rode my quad today for the first time in almost two months, looks like I'm completely healed up. If anyone has places to ride; I'm willing to take a drive out there pretty much any day of the week. I've only run into a couple people since I've been in Charlton who even have quads and none of them seem to ride anywhere around here, they all trailer them out of state.

Sick0
05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Bump.. just wondering if there is any hting going on in massachusetts

hondaREX
06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
SickO. I go out to Pittsfield, Beartown and October (AKA Rocktober) Mountains all summer. Havent made it there yet but will if theres people going. I also have several rebel riding trails all over the state. Templeton is a chance but well worth it, Franklin is a good day of riding. Spencer/Cranberry pits we just got busted a month or so ago so no go till later in the season. They are hauling dirt now so when there done doing that they pull the signs and lay off. Partyboy, i live in Charlton too. Where you live? There isnt much near us but i have a trailer and im willing to go anywhere. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and go riding. You 2 registered in Mass or any other state?

DnB_racing
06-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I ride Templeton a lot and have have seen a lot of police lately never got close enough to talk to them, one of my buddy's decided to allow himself a conversation with a ranger on a quad, big mistake $250, watch were you park and dont stop is my advice

no1 300ex
06-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Templeton Is one of those places you never stop. Many riders have had there trucks towed from there also. I ride a lot in ashburnham and winchendon and have noticed there are more enviro. police around this year.

DnB_racing
06-11-2010, 03:29 PM
were are you going this weekend? my quad is down but im boring a buddy's banshee and im not sure were we are riding yet. were going for a night time blast tonight maybe a little road ride if we have to.

no1 300ex
06-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Might ride out of ash. sat afternoon with my bro. He rides a Z and I have a 300ex. Its mostly trails, there are a few small pits, and lot of rocks lol. You guys are just in fitchburg? I know tons of good places to ride round here. What do you ride 250r??

88redrocket
06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know anything about a track in lunenburg? I was driving through there for work the other day and next to a greenhouse place and some power line trails I could see a track and some jumps and stuff. Just wondering if anybodys been there or saw it.

DnB_racing
06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
it must be the one on rt13 that you talking about, going from fitchburg to lunenburg the power lines would be on the left? if so its not that much riding area, its a fun little spot for about an hour but that's about it I just went for a nice ride in Westminster on rt12 its called 450r spring rd near the old railroad bed up the power lines, again not that big of an area but its a nice ride lots of different terrain, good for a 3 or 4 hour ride

DnB_racing
06-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by no1 300ex
Might ride out of ash. sat afternoon with my bro. He rides a Z and I have a 300ex. Its mostly trails, there are a few small pits, and lot of rocks lol. You guys are just in fitchburg? I know tons of good places to ride round here. What do you ride 250r?? I have a trx450r but im upgrading it right now, I was a trader and rode Yamaha today my buddy let me use his banshee and i also tried his 450 yfz. lets just say I cant wait till mines back together. were do you ride mostly?

no1 300ex
06-12-2010, 04:57 AM
I dont go any further east than monster land in leominster and I'll ride as far west as orange. Currenty I trying to find a way to leave Ash. and ride up to Swanzey NH. The only problem Iam having is trying to find a way to get through the center of winchendon. If I can figure that out Ill be all set.
Iam a trail rider for shure and my quad is set up for the woods. The tighter the trail the better. Thats why I got the 300ex insted of the 400ex, even with the stock stance I have still got wedged between trees when riding single track.

DnB_racing
06-12-2010, 05:40 PM
some time we will have to ride together and maybe show each other some new spots

hondaREX
06-15-2010, 06:49 AM
DnB, where is it safe to park in templeton lately? I usually go past the old dump entrance on Rt 202 and theres an access road on the right that leads into the back side of the main pit. Or Church Hill rd off 2A is a good spot but i hear they check there now. Is there any place to park? Im very familiar with the whole place so if you describe it, ill find it. We used to drive in the main entrance and hide the trucks/trailers as far in the woods as possible. Dont think thats a good idea nowadays. We used to put in 5-6 hours on the weekend with no worries, not anymore.

no1 300ex, is monsterland even accessible anymore? Ive heard it isnt. My sister in law lives in Orange so if theres riding there, let me know where and ill go.

I have a couple decent spots to park and ride the wrentham/franklin trails. It is a hike for most of you but worth it. 3-5 hours easy. A no stop riding spot tho.

DnB_racing
06-15-2010, 07:07 AM
if been parking at a friend house lately, after to many run ins with problems, I used to park right off the highway RT2 but that's not safe anymore. and Id rather not publicly say were I park, to many monitors and I dont want to come back to my truck and have police there! next time you head out there let me know and well meet up and we can talk then,

monster land has a few small places left but again its risky;

pm me and we can talk a little safer

no1 300ex
06-15-2010, 03:15 PM
DnB is right on! Ya gotta watch what ya say on these boards, there are others lurking. Most places I ride these days I park at a friends or fam. house and ride from there. Now its a big risk just to park the truck in the woods. The laws changed. Now first time caught riding illegal the fine is 250. Second time you get caught they can impound your quad and auction it off. The state is giving more money to the E.P. from the atv reg. so you have or will see more E.P. around.
The best way to ride around here is to join a club. But the problem is I think there is only 1 or 2 atv clubs left in Ma. The state does not want to deal with atvers. Now after years the atv clubs cant work with the state because the state wont budge on there stance.
So what to do? Join a N.H. club. If you search around on the web you will find some Nh. clubs that arnt to far away with places to ride and there are way more parks open to atvs. Nh. is working with atvers in ways Ma. never would.
Next time I go out riding I'll pm you guys. But I gotta warn ya you probably have to stop and wait so I can catch up. lol

DnB_racing
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
right now Im rebuilding mine and it might not be ready this weekend but next for sure! but One of my riding buddies has a spare Yamaha that he will let me use(I feel like Im cheating on my girl with a prostitute) so if mines not ready we still might ride somewhere. Ill keep you posted were and when we are going, you guys do the same and let me know but just in general we should pm the details to keep out of prying eyes! I cant afford to pay the EPA!!

waynowayno
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
looking to ride western massnext tuesday and wednsday7th 8th. never been out that way . how are the trails.

DnB_racing
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
how far west? Ive ridden in the Templeton area, and its not to bad.but there are alot of the area that's closed to atvs and they do patrol it, and they will fine you.it might help a little if registered they might let you go. as far as the riding, its about a good four hour riding area before you start repeating trails.you do have to cross a couple of roads.and some parts you go through are forbidden to atvs so its not the best place to go if you dont want to be bother by the cops,that the farthest west Ive been.

hondaREX
09-03-2010, 03:50 AM
wayno-western mass riding is in the Berkshire Mountains. On the new york border. Its legal if registered and the trails are decent. Rocky at times, muddy places but its been hot so probably not that bad and cart roads that are 2 bikes wide. Good riding especially when you dont have any worries. The greenbacks sit at the trailheads and make sure your registered and not too loud. I used to ride a 250r with a loud exhaust and a spark arrestor and never had problems. There is Beartown Mountain, October Mountain and Pittsfield State Forest. Beartown best, Pittsfield, then "ROCKTOBER". Lots of rocks at October. But fun nonetheless. Pittsfield just got cut in half because of ATV caused erosion but still 14 miles or so. Id love to get out there but i got lots of stuff to do. Might be free the last couple of weeks in Sept. Ive been to all the above places. I suggest getting a copy of the maps off the website, www.mass.gov/dcr, and putting them in a big ziploc bag. If you get a paper one at the entrance of the park, it will be ruined in no time.

DnB-PM me when your going to Templeton and ill be there. I know that whole place like the back of my hand.

dankbud42o
04-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Western Mass ATV & Dirt Bike Riders (https://www.facebook.com/groups/322757074458088)

fourtraxx1250
10-06-2012, 12:06 PM
i live and ride in templeton almost every weekend an its getting harder and harder to find ppl to ide with i no this post was written awhile ago but i just found it i ride rite from my house and have riden in the pits for 10+ years and only ben caught once (dumb *** drove my truck in) but if anyone every wants to do sum good old pit/trail riden email me and wheel go from there powervalve270@yahoo.com

tg413
01-25-2013, 06:16 AM
plenty of riding places in w.mass just have to know where to go , i have been riding here my whole life.... i can get to just about anywhere in the county using trails and crossing a road here and there but no heavy road riding..

hondaREX
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Gd to know tg. You riding at all this summer? We should meet up and ride.

esstrx250r
04-03-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm looking for mx style riding spots within a few hours of Western MA and people to ride with. Message me or email me if you have any spots to ride. Hoping to get a lot of riding in this year.

esseclipse@msn.com

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/esseclipse/802024f6.jpg

Sick0
04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Rockwood mx is about hour away from you. Fun and its only 15 dollars.