PDA

View Full Version : Is a full system really worth it?

muddy400EX
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
i dont plan on doing any motor mods really. but i want an exhaust and the full systems are just so expensive! ive got the cherry bomb. i just want a pipe and new filter, would the full really make a difference over a slip on with no motor mods?

LTandRaptorider
09-09-2009, 04:06 AM
IMO and from what I have heard, a full system is not worth it if you're not doing any engine mods. I put an HMF slip-on with just the cherry bomb and airbox lid off. It was claimed the HMF gave most power on the low-end than others, and that was what I wanted. so far happy with the result. But... It is loud! I got the Quiet core insert, only tried it once. It does help the sound until you really get on the throttle, just as loud then I thought. And it does take back away from the low-end, so I will only use it when needed.

panici33
09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't waste your money on just a slip-on. IMO, save your money and get a full system, EFI controller, and depending on the type of riding you do, an airbox eliminator with new filter. You will see a huge hp increase. Save your money and do it right.

09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
450 headers flow good enough for the stock engine.

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by spastic450

Yep ;)

muddy400EX
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by spastic450

i seen the motoworks in your sig, do you have their exhaust on your quad? i was lookin at their slip ons and there pretty cheap. wonderin if there good

Stiles86
09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
i run the motoworks(slip on) w/ cherry bomb and for a stock bike ive been very impressed...

panici33
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I run the full system motoworks, great pipe. But i also have more than just the cherry bomb

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by panici33
[B But i also have more than just the cherry bomb [/B]

And he said he only has Cherry Bomb and only wants to add pipe and filter. With just those things, no need to spend the $$ on a full system. ;)

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i seen the motoworks in your sig, do you have their exhaust on your quad? i was lookin at their slip ons and there pretty cheap. wonderin if there good

I have no experience with the Motoworks pipe. But I got my HMF on Motosport outlet for $237. How does that compare with the Motosport pipe? Check for reviews online for different pipes to help you decide. I did that before getting my HMF.

panici33
09-11-2009, 08:51 PM
There was a pipe shootout done by ATVRider Magazine that had both the slip on and full-system Motoworks pipe and the slip on was just as good if not better than the full system with just the cherry bomb and air box lid off; Motorworks was also the winner of the shootout that included HMF, LRD, Duncan and many more.

http://www.motoworks.com/04news_photo/img/ATVP-061100-PIPE.pdf

JuanM
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
EFI controller is really necesary?

I have,,,,stock engine, cheery boomb,air box lid off,

and buy a yoshimura rs-5 full sistem, should I wait until buy the EFI controller before instal the pipe?

300racer
09-22-2009, 10:07 PM
i don't know about the motoworks pipe but i know the sparks and hmf makes good pipes. but a slip on is all you will need. hurry up and buy one i wanna have a reason to ride your quad agian.:eek:

muddy400EX
09-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 300racer
i don't know about the motoworks pipe but i know the sparks and hmf makes good pipes. but a slip on is all you will need. hurry up and buy one i wanna have a reason to ride your quad agian.:eek:

haha werd! does sparks make slip ons? il probly go with a motoworks, they seem pretty good