PDA

View Full Version : 2 quads 1 truck

Shift_450R
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
any ideas? lol im thinkin of standing them both up. ones a can am ds 450 and the other is a honda 450r will that hurt the engines or just get them level and let them sit for a while once we're there? thanks!

onefast400ex
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I got a short bed dodge ram and once you start loading two quads it gets pretty easier and easier each time. We stand up the ltz400 and put it as close to the cab and right as possible. Than you can just lift your other bike (450r) in over the wheel well to the left and use a few straps. You have to leave the tail gate down though. Tie a strap from the quad standing up to the handlebars or grab bar of the quad that is level to keep the one standing up from hitting the cab. Also shut off your gas and don't fill up before you load the one standing up because there will be a mess and if there is gas coming out remember not to throw your cigarette and anything else that creates a spark cause you will have an even bigger mess. Put a few straps and pull the quad that is level toward the one standing up. Too many straps can't hurt. If you are traveling a little distance with the bike stop and check a few miles into the trip to check the straps, sometimes they like to loosen. After you do it one or two times, it can be a one man job.

Redrider99
09-09-2009, 05:59 AM
My dads ford is huge it has an 8 foot bed so we can fit a 250ex standing up, my 450r pulled in. thats with the bed closed! and we lift up 2 pitbikes and wedge them on the sides. But I wouldnt do that in my truck which has a 5 foot bed

tri5ron
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
a Contractors Rack on the truck can give you some extra piece of mind, and extra level of safety while in transit.

Here's what I did, and it works quite well. Although its not a truck bed, it's near the same size as a full size truck bed, with the tailgate down. (the trailer deck is 5' x 11')...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=394955&highlight=trailer

fastredrider44
09-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I had a long bed with a standard tool box. We would pull in a 400ex, turn the gas off, and put the front wheels on the tools box, and slide in a KFX400 in behind it sideways. It wasn't really all that difficult before you went and rode, but after the wheelers were muddy and you were wore out, it wasn't much fun. Trailers are a lot easier.

One_Bad_400
09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
i would say do not leave a bike stood up for longer then 2 hours, IF that. you dont want oil sitting on the bottom side of your piston, it will eventually slip past it. just not good for a motor to sit up like that for a wile

flammable
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
/

TN_cowboy
09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
why dont you just put the real bumper back on the truck and tow the 4 wheelers? if you get the tilt trailer it is super easy just drive the things on there.

nakomis0
09-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by flammable
/

Thats how we use to do it before I got a trailer.

2to4
09-09-2009, 01:42 PM
make a platform out of wood bolt it to the edges of the bed. it turns the bed into a flatbed. put eye bolts where you wnt to tie the quads down and you take it off when your not hauling the quads.make ramps and drive up one side and down the other. i dont suggest DRIVING up cause that could get iffy just push hard

F-16Guy
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I thought this thread was going to somehow be related to 2 Girls 1 Cup. I don't know whether I should be disappointed or relieved. :confused:

I've stood my quads up a few times with no problems. Just make sure the gas is off, and run it until the carb is out of gas or it will leak whatever is left in the float bowl.

backwoodsracer
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
shoot buddy when we had the kfx 400 and the banshee we stand the banshee up and lay a towel up on it and stand th kfx up and lean it on the banshee and strap them both down it looks funny but worked pretty damn good!

CaptainCanuck
09-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
any ideas? lol im thinkin of standing them both up. ones a can am ds 450 and the other is a honda 450r will that hurt the engines or just get them level and let them sit for a while once we're there? thanks!
Pull the bed off of Spence's old blue stepside truck and use that for a trailer. I'm sure it's still wired.

gcart2
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I thought this thread was going to somehow be related to 2 Girls 1 Cup. I don't know whether I should be disappointed or relieved. :confused:

I've stood my quads up a few times with no problems. Just make sure the gas is off, and run it until the carb is out of gas or it will leak whatever is left in the float bowl.

thats the first thing i thought of too.
:(

brian76708
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
how about 3

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/pelbri08/l_ac6a3499e713195885f4d0de102bebf6.jpg

flammable
09-10-2009, 01:28 AM
my friend did that with his chevy 1500 8ft bed. acually works good

white tails
09-10-2009, 05:50 AM
i dont have a pic but ive seen four on a flat bed truck

BakerRacing40
09-10-2009, 05:02 PM
i've never really liked the idea of standing quads straight up... back in the day, i would load one quad in the bed of my truck and would have to put the front tires on top of my tool box to shut the tailgate and all the gear and stuff went in the bed with it and then i had a little lawn mower trailer that we'd load the rest on. most i ever had loaded was three quads and two motorcycles and five peoples gear and couple ice chests and my tools... that was in a 96 f-150 single cab short-wide with the 5x7 trailer! i wish i would have took a pic of that, it looked like the clampetts going to go hit the trails... lol