PDA

View Full Version : Trail Boss

nevadatrx400ex
09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Just bought my first Quad and love it. a trx400ex and I use it to casually ride trails with. My wife and I are both 47 and she may be interested in getting into quads as well but she is a small woman and does not know how to work a clutch and doesnt want to learn so with that I was wondering what people thought of the Trail Boss 330? I understand its a automatic? no shifting? is it easy to ride and handle? I dont suppose it does over 30-40 mph but that would be ok, are they good quads for beginners? are they reliable? what are peoples thoughts regarding these?

thanks

Wildhorse800
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
A lot of Qs...

I am partial to Polaris since '96. Just like any quad, it will take care of you if you take care of it.

That is a great beginner quad, but most Polaris' are still OK for beginners.

I prefer the liquid cooled engines for heat control and longevity.

If you are buying new, the Sportsman 400s are great, but the price tag is high enough that most people jump up to the full sized 500.

If you want to giver the best experience, just get her the Sportsman 500. It has the best riding experience out of any quad. It is also very stable. The size may seem intimidating at first, but these things are so comfortable, you will be able to keep her out riding all day.

You can also look for an older Sportsman 400 from like 2000-2003.

If you are gonna stick with the Trail Boss, it is still a great little quad. Just put it in gear and go. Chain driven, so you are gonna have mainainence there, just like your Honda. The single lever braking operates ALL the brakes, a big plus for any beginner.

Google "ATV Obsession" and check out the Polaris forums in there(all welcome, but owner is pro-polaris)

KAWIRYDER
10-12-2009, 08:16 AM
My wife rides a trail boss and she absolutely loves it. It has a smaller fit to it and the suspension is nice. It will probably go about 45mph which is plenty fast for riding trails. It also has the racks on it so she can carry all the gear. It is a lighter machine so the steering is really easy. She won't be disappointed.