PDA

View Full Version : Pipes? Reeds Broader power band

benjaminearl
09-08-2009, 07:30 AM
just took my quad to the local sand pits. my quad runs great at WOT but not quite too well for midrange power and lower end.
its a big bore stroker 330 cheater. not sure of port job. not sure what reeds. tips and tricks to broaden the power band down a lil. got an fmf pipe on it now. but the low end is really not there. could it be jetting?

not familiar with r's. had a banshee now i want to keep up with one on my R. lol

250r grave yard
09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
could be your jetting or if any port work done maybe its there is your problem its ported to much or your port timing is off

IcutMetl
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I have an FMF Fatty pipe on mine and feel it has an extremely broad power spread...the throttle is pretty usable now compared to when I had a Paul Turner HiRev. It doesn't pull like a tractor at the bottom, but it's pretty acceptable. I hear the Paul Turner "Type 6" is an awesome low-midrange pipe.

One option that worked well for me was to use a thin head gasket to slightly increase compression...this helped out quite a bit for me as well.

Honda 250r 001
09-09-2009, 06:57 AM
have you had this ported? Get that exhaust port widened and the powerband can only get wider.