PDA

View Full Version : I need help FAST how to fix?

jarfly
09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
I need help fast got a big ride comeing up this weekend and I wanna be able to ride my R.
I can not get my axle bolt lose. I have not fount an allen bolt one on it? Were is it located?? Also is both of the bolts go toward the brake? I cant get the the first bolt to go all the way up?(The hub side)
I really need to get this off today and get parts in by friday and bust my *** gettin it put togeather. Not to metion I just tore it all apart for paint!

86 Quad R
09-08-2009, 07:27 AM
can you post a pic of what ur talking about?

Fear250r
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I think he's talking about the axle nut and it sounds like he has a stock one, but seems to think there would be an allen head screw as there is on the aftermarket style.

If you have the stock style, which it sounds like, you need to break the nuts free from each other, then they will go towards the brake hub and then you'll be able to take the clip off.

jarfly
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
yes its the stock one. But I cant get the right nut to tighting up. It will go up so far than you cant move it.

atv fan 28
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
if your standing behind the quad turning down will loosin and turning up will tighten.

Fear250r
09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Did you get the clip out? Or are you hitting the clip?

jarfly
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I cant get the nut to go up anuff to get the clip out? It will go up the the end of the nut is right next to the clip.

RyanWsly
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Next time take the nut loose before you tear it apart, hold the brake or put it in gear, sometimes both. Your best bet is to replace the junk ******* when you get it off, they either come loose or get stuck, waiting for the History channel to do a engineering disasters piece on them, can't believe they still use them, my 450R still has one and it's SSDD every time I ride it, loose.......anyhow if you can hold the axle somehow just crank on it, work it back and forth and spray the crap out of it. Make sure the axle is slid all the way to the right and the brake hub all the way to the left it will go, you may have to stand on a 36" pipe wrench but it will go, inside of the nut the threads are full of rust or something, may even try heating it.

250r grave yard
09-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jarfly
I cant get the nut to go up anuff to get the clip out? It will go up the the end of the nut is right next to the clip. just work that nut back and forth spray some lube on it she should go try and stick a small flat head in there and pry it out there easy to get off

jarfly
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
yea it may have some rust or something in the main end. im goin try to get it off today.thanks

Honda 250r 001
09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by RyanWsly
Next time take the nut loose before you tear it apart, hold the brake or put it in gear, sometimes both. Your best bet is to replace the junk ******* when you get it off, they either come loose or get stuck, waiting for the History channel to do a engineering disasters piece on them, can't believe they still use them, my 450R still has one and it's SSDD every time I ride it, loose.......anyhow if you can hold the axle somehow just crank on it, work it back and forth and spray the crap out of it. Make sure the axle is slid all the way to the right and the brake hub all the way to the left it will go, you may have to stand on a 36" pipe wrench but it will go, inside of the nut the threads are full of rust or something, may even try heating it.

DONT USE HEAT!!! thats bad advice, it will ruin your axle.

RyanWsly
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Don't heat the axle, heat the nut outside of the nut, it will be fine it's a seperate piece.

Honda 250r 001
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by RyanWsly
Don't heat the axle, heat the nut outside of the nut, it will be fine it's a seperate piece.

i wouldnt risk a 400+ dollar aftermarket axle. i think there tempered so it will screw it up and it will be more likely to break.

jarfly
09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Got er off this moreing. All it took was a pipe wrench and a BFH!.lol Now to get wheel bearings and my brake parts and I would't have had it goin. But now have to get a new frount right caliper..

86 Quad R
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
glad you got er off but why you gotta have a brake caliper?

jarfly
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
its for the frount right. My pistons is stuck solid. And I think my threde is messed up.

86 Quad R
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
312R1

has what you need. :)

Saul76
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jarfly
its for the frount right. My pistons is stuck solid. And I think my threde is messed up.

I dunno what a threde is - but - I do know that caliper could be working as good as new in about 20 minutes. :)

jarfly
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
How can I get it working? I have tryed to blow the pistons out with air but with no luck. And I prolly spelt it wrong. But were the banjo bolt goes is. I thing its messed up. Its very hard to tighting up.
And quad R waht is a 321r1?

Saul76
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Just thread the end of your grease gun into where the bajo bolt goes and pump grease in there. The pistons will come out VERY easily.

jarfly
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
well I got the pistons out. The grease gun work like a charm. Thanks guys.BUT I cant get the things to bleed out. I have a ttr 225 master cly with double stanless lines. stock r caliper.
My threds were the banjo bolt is messed up a little.I got it were it wont leak.

86 Quad R
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
reverse bleed the brakes from the brake cylinders up to the master cylinder.

and 321r1 is a member here that has a part out with a brake system for sale.

jarfly
09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
So i beel the calipers be for the mastercly?

Saul76
09-09-2009, 09:20 PM
meh - just fill the master, pump the lever, hold it & have someone crack open the bleeder on the clutch side caliper 1st until you start getting fluid.

Then do the same with the throttle side.

Once you get fluid at the calipers - pump lever slowly 5-10 times - hold it, and ziptie it to the grips & leave it overnight. (with master cyl cover loose)

Next morning pump lever another 5-10 times and ziptie it again. Go to school or whatever - when you get home it should be good to go.

86 Quad R
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
what i mean is to use a nipple for a gear oil bottle on the brake fluid bottle, with a clear hose on nipple and bleeder. you force fluid up to the master cylinder while cracking the banjo bolt while bleeding each cylinder. this process forces the air up the lines. follow me?