PDA

View Full Version : twin mountain area NH

dns1764
09-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Hey i just got a piece of land in carrol nh that backs right up to the snowmobile trail 102. anyone ride their quads there? if so what is the riding like. i know there is s S*** load of trails. are they all good for quads?

scott7493
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
No trails up there that I'm aware of that are legal. I'm up in that area a lot in the spring and see quads in every driveway. They may have writen landowner permission to ride, or they are on their own property. You have Jerico and Success trail systems to the east and just a little farther north in North Stratford you have the north country atv club trails.

dns1764
09-10-2009, 06:18 AM
what about the freedom trails (not the one in boston). isnt that in carroll?

scott7493
09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Talked with a few people last night and there are NO legal public trails in the Carrol area. It certainly sucks when you are driving around and see some great trails(that are well riden) and find out they are not legal.

Here's a link with some good info.

http://www.nhtrails.org/uploads/2009ATVtrailBikeTrails.pdf

Next July. You should come down to Warren old home days. Free BBQ for riders that saturday at the president of Mount Mousilauke atv club residents. (this is not a burgar and dog BBQ)
Also parade, poker run, fire works(friday night), vendors in town as well as some great riding.

dns1764
09-11-2009, 08:15 AM
what kind of quads patroll the area, or is it just trucks?

scott7493
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
If you mean law enforcement, it will be both quads and trucks most likely. (i assume you mean in carrol) And it wiil be both local and F&G.

dns1764
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
im not worried about the trucks, but the quads can be hard to run from.

dns1764
11-16-2009, 11:12 AM
i was up there riding a few weeks ago and i was wondering if the tracks were active. i want to get to the other side of rt3 and i'd have to follow the tracks for a good 5 miles. i dont want to encounter a train.

scott7493
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Active rails, even seasonal, are a no fly zone. I believe the fines are even bigger if you get caught. Due to a loophole in the laws & lease agreements with the feds on railbeds, most were closed to motorized wheeled use period. You can thank Andy Walters for that one.

We are allowed to ride from Tilton to Lincoln on an active rail when there is groomable snow. Now there's a good ride. Most of us trailer to Plymouth and ride the rail to Lincoln, then over the mountain to warren and back. Very easy to do a 80+ miles in 6 hours. And that includes stopping for lunch in Warren and gas in Lincoln.