PDA

View Full Version : Sup guize!1

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey guys whats goin on?

Just picked up my first 400. I've been wanting one since I was a kid and I just got a really good deal on one today. Here's a list of mods and stuff:
- + 2 A ARMS
- DURABLUE AXLE + 2, +4
- PRM +1 REAR SWINGARM
-- ITP RIMS
- RAZR FRONT TIRES/ REARS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE
- AFTERMARKET EXHAUST
- NEW BATTERY
- KILL SWITCH
- AFTERMARKET CDI/ REV BOX
- AFTERMARKET HANDLERBARS
- NERF BARS
- SHOCKWEARS
- GRAB BAR
- BRAND NEW BATTERY

Also has an after market thumb throttle, I forgot the brand.

Anyway, it sat for a while and runs a little bit rough. Smokes a tiny bit, etc. What sort of things should I do to freshen it up?

So far I'll be doing an oil change, fresh gas, check the spark plug, etc.

What are some other suggestions?

matt14c
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
If your just looking for easy fixes then that should do the trick. Clean the air filter and carb.

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I want this thing to be mint.

I just had a supermoto blow up on me because of a negligent previous owner/negligence on my part.

What can I do to keep this thing running for a while

matt14c
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Well check the valve lifter clearence and compression. The 400 is pretty rock solid as long as the previous owner just did regular oil changes and mainted the valves it should be pretty solid. Depending on the year and how far you wanted to take it down or what you wanted to do to it. You could replace the timing chain, valve seals, have the cylinder honed and replace the piston/rings and it would be like new.

atv fan 28
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
change oil often, clean air filter often, keep valves adjusted. if you take care of it, it should last a long time!!