PDA

View Full Version : 400ex colour help!!!

fatadrian94
09-07-2009, 08:57 PM
ok so im tired of what my 2003 400ex looks like (white maier plastics wich i cut to a race cut... red gastank cover.. red aarms... red netting on nerf bards....) so im wanting to put some 05 palstics on my 400ex but i dont know what colors i should go! i do not want to powerdcoat the frame or anything ( going to keep the stock silver-liek finish) since i am only a kid... i was kind of looking @ red 05 plastics with a carbonfiber race hood and gas tank cover and keep the aarms red along with the netting on my nerfs.... but i also liek black plastics with a carbonfiber race hood and gas tank cover and paint the aarms and get black netting for the nerfs.... im also looking for a graphics kit with a seat cover but i cant seem to find any good ones... could you guys help me out here!?!? if i find a cool graphics kit that matches the red or black plastics then i will go with the matching color... ( the seat cover dosent have to be a continue-ing of the side graphis because it can be a gripper seat cover that is a solid black) so could you guys please help me find a graphis kit to help me with my desision i would preffer a racing team graphic kit ( shuch as alba.. K an K.. nacs ect... but iff it is a kick *** graphic set that is not racing i might go for it... ) thanks a bunch guys!!!

matt14c
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
To be honest I kinda like your current setup. Im partial to the first generation style and not sure if i have seen the white with the black sides and red tank. White is a good color also doesnt show scraps or scratchs very much.

fatadrian94
09-07-2009, 09:35 PM
yeahi guess your rigth.. havent seen a 400 liek this online... i guess i can spend my money on the smaller more important things.. new foot pegs... new filter... new rims since my rear rim is dented :|... im also looking into getting a oilcooler liek the four stroke tech one... but i migth just custom make one since im a good handy-dude and have acses to tools and equipement ect... but iff i can find a set of white used '05 front palstics i will shurley no doubt about it throw thoses on... and get a hood... then swap the graphics i have now since ther in good shape :) thanks alot you really saved me alot of $ here....

matt14c
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
No problem thats what this site is for! Some really solid and well priced wheels are ITP Baja's Great for trail riding. If you wait a couple months the winter months seem to be good times for part outs of whole bikes then you should prolly be able to pick up most of the stuff your looking for at pretty good prices.

honda400ex2003
09-07-2009, 11:31 PM
i like that how it is but i really like the red old style fenders with everything blacked out. something about that just makes it look sleak and stealthy. lol. steve

yellow02400ex
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
ya spend your money on somthing else it looks good

Ryanwolfe911
09-08-2009, 05:53 AM
The word you are searching for is LIKE. Do they spell it liek where you are from? lol

bbender85
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
i bet black wheels would look killer on your current setup.

fatadrian94
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
heyy lol:P sorry i meant to spell it this way (like).. i type faster then what i think lmao... and yeah im looking for a set of itp baja black rims... i think they look sick.. strong wheel for under 100$....

Ryan'07400ex
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Yea glad to see you changed your mind about the platics but you could change your seat cover... I don't like the pink/red seats for some reason. maybe put black rims and a black seat cover. You'll still have enough red and enough black.

fatadrian94
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
yeah lol:P looks more pink in the pic then it really is.. still stock honda colour... but yeah im looking at getting a gripp seat cuz my friend fell off of it earlier :| lol basket ball shorts and a slippery seat dont mix well lol... yeah im curently searching ther sight now and i think im going to get the itp baja balck rims... with a black gripper seat...

TRXRacer1
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
i bet black wheels would look killer on your current setup.
X2:macho

racerdan24
09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
X3 :macho ...The black plastics or red plastics for that matter show every ******* scratch from trail riding or from your legs rubbing the sides during racing...trust me i know! The color combo you have now looks great.