PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the kfx450r

dd1380
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
well the truth is they don't run good at all.......
I have 4 differtent fuel controllers, 3 different heads ported,big bore kit with stock compression piston and a high compression piston, --2 different air box mods, and 2 different complete pipe kits-and 3 different sets of cams ---the first company i used was TRINITY----then I went to --ALBA---when i got the parts back and put it togather it run better stock!!!!!!! So in one last effort sent it to CT RACING to get dynoed, it was there 3 months and was told the porting was wrong- pipe was wrong,cams were wrong- and of course the wrong fuel controller----so in all that I bought a new dynojet fuel controller (pc-111) dynojet ingnition module, I now have a fuelman atv intake, high compression piston (50/50)race gas mix--new stage 3 hot cams -new ingnition coil by dynatek was told 54hp!!!!!!
What a crock of poop.....I got it back run it down the road and I am putting it back to stock.........I'll guarantee you nobody can get these things to run------and it is not me i sent the whole dam thing... Get out the old yzf450--mods are slip on, adjusted exhaust cam, k/n lid and it destroys the kfx..............once you hit third gear the yzf is gone.......after all the work done the kfx lost all its torque..........

k4f5x0r
09-08-2009, 03:45 AM
its not the bikes fault you just have no idea what your doing.

You cant take a Alba built motor and sent it to CT racing expecting them to dyno it. Theyre going to say that alba's stuff is piles of crap and to put their brand engine work in.

You also sent to companies that dont have the greatest experience with the kawi's. if you would rty BCS performance or maybe pro circuit, hetrick racing anything that actually has worked with the kawi's then maybe you get some actual power out ofthem.

JParisi48
09-08-2009, 04:04 AM
i think ur just mad because you dont know anything about them or what to do to them to make them fast

Balaz_73*00
09-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Your problem is that you used alba :confused:

JNWQUADMX
09-08-2009, 06:16 AM
We got the holeshot in most of the GNC MX Pro am Class on our Kawi. We won most of the races and both National Pro Am championships on it as well. All of our Kfx450 Race engines were built at Walsh Race Craft. Check out the engine page on the Walsh site. You just had the wrong combinations.

hondaracer_34
09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Go back and get your yfz then and quit whinning dude. The KFX is a good quad..and you SHOULD know that every quad is gonna have problems, kawis destroyed pretty much everyone in the GNC Nationals this year and your saying they suck? And like the other said, you cant expect to send a motor to CT that was built by ALBA and expect them to say it runs fine. Also mentioned, send it to Pro Circuit, Hetrick, or BCS.

Jigsaw
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Reading the original post made my head hurt :confused: