PDA

View Full Version : Need Help & Direction DRR 70cc l/c

WISH1965
09-07-2009, 04:26 PM
A few days ago i posted a thread "24 PWK - 911' and put a 24mm PWK carb on my DRR 70cc and after trying several different pilot sizes, needle settings, main jet changes, and no luck with air/fuel adjustment on various pilot sizes I went back to my PE 20 mm Keihen that was consistent before. Now that my origanal carb is back on, I am having similar problems with this carb as well. The motor with a load on it will not get past half throttle without flattening out making a blllaaahhhhhhhh sound. Same issues I was having with my 24 PWk carb. Something else is going on but what??? The reeds look fine, checked them. Could it be electrical??? The PE 20 mm i took off was fine before trying the 24PWK carb & now it doesn't work either? Something happened but what??? Please do not tell me it is a pilot jet, can't be the carb at this point. Please any ideas?? I'm going crazy. Please help. Thanks.

WW

nordic quad
09-07-2009, 05:22 PM
The first thing that pops in to my head is bad crank seal or torque spring,have had both things happen on our 70 with similar effeckt.
Stein A

jerkyboy
09-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Did you try changing the plug?

WISH1965
09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Plug is not the problem. It was running good one day, I swapped out carbs to try a bigger carb, i couldn't get it quite right. Then I went back to my original carb set up, and now the problem exists with that carb as well??

bulldogfallon
09-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Check the intake boot for leaks....

WISH1965
09-08-2009, 07:47 AM
G,
I took the boot off, inspected the reeds etc. everything appears good. I only took off the 20mm, tried the 24mm carb and had issues with it. Tried various needle settings, pilot jets, main jets, etc. Ironically, the air screw adjustment didn't really change on most of the pilot jets i tried?? I got frustrated after several days of back & forth adjustments so I fiugured i would go back to what worked & chalked the problems up to the PWK 24mm carb. I put the 20mm back on it and now it was problematic as well? Prior to any carb swapping, the unit ran well. I'm baffled?? I cannot get more than half throttle out of it?? Just goes blllaaahhhhhhh.

Wade

oldschoolyamaha
09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Check ur petcock. I was having the same problem and the bike would even die out. I bypassed the petcock and put a inline shut off valve and it works perfect now.

WISH1965
09-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I will try that. I remember taking the fuel line off the carb and forgot to shut valve off and I was surprised how little was flowing. May or may not be it, but worth a try. Thanks.

WW

09-08-2009, 08:37 AM
A friend of mine s quad was doing the same thing. I gave him a cdi and cured the problem. If you need to borrow a cdi box to try let me know ill send you one. It fixed his.

WISH1965
09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I wandered if it was electrical? Funny thing is, we still have the side key switch & I notice the yellow wire (on key harness side) was sticking out. Now the unit runs so not sure if that means anything?? May take you up on your offer. I have a feeling it is electrical?? The motor appears good? Was new this year & otherwise performs well. Now I got a running problem? Just not sure what it may be??

bulldogfallon
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by WISH1965
G,
I took the boot off, inspected the reeds etc. everything appears good. I only took off the 20mm, tried the 24mm carb and had issues with it. Tried various needle settings, pilot jets, main jets, etc. Ironically, the air screw adjustment didn't really change on most of the pilot jets i tried?? I got frustrated after several days of back & forth adjustments so I fiugured i would go back to what worked & chalked the problems up to the PWK 24mm carb. I put the 20mm back on it and now it was problematic as well? Prior to any carb swapping, the unit ran well. I'm baffled?? I cannot get more than half throttle out of it?? Just goes blllaaahhhhhhh.

Wade

Did you spray any carb cleaner around any areas that can pull air?

WISH1965
09-08-2009, 12:05 PM
No if you mean around intake area while running, looking for a leak? if that's what you mean, no.