PDA

View Full Version : anti fade and batter qustions.

jarfly
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
How do you get the anti fade bolt off? I have tryed ever thing. Also can you add a battery to a 250r? I need lights that will be bright with out holding it wfo. Thaks

racerx573
09-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Loosen the allen bolt, then loosen the anti-fade nut...

As for the lighting question, check out www.rickystator.com you can get your stator re-wound to be light as the sun, and get some nice PIAA lights for the badboy as well.

jarfly
09-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I look to day. I didt see no aleenbolt. How are you susposed to get the snap ring out also. I really need to get this thing off.

racerx573
09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Got any pics? Are you sure it's an anti-fade?? If it's a stock one, all I can say is a really big pipe wrench.

IcutMetl
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing you have the factory axle anti-fade nut. The ideal tool would be a large open-end wrench or crescent style wrench, but if you don't have that, a hefty pipe wrench will do. Spray PB Blaster (penetrant) on it a little while before you mess with it. I bought a rediculously large crescent wrench from harbor freight just for this purpose (it's no Snap-On, but it works good enough).

You'll notice the factory nut has 3 components. The threaded sleeve, end cup, and locking ring nut. From the rear of the 'wheeler- first, put your wrench on the locking ring nut and twist it forward towards the swingarm as far as you can. Next, put your wrench on the hex portion of the end cup and repeat that same process- screw it in towards the swingarm- this will expose the locking ring in the axle groove. Using a pair of picks or small flat screwdrivers, pop that locking ring out of the groove and off the end of the axle. Now, you should be able to slide the axle nut assembly off the end of the axle, slide the brake hub off, and pull the axle out thru the opposite end. If it's tight in there, put the castle nut back on the right side of the axle, and whack it with a dead-blow hammer (or regular hammer against a piece of wood).

This is assuming you have already removed your chain, and rear brake caliper, your tires, hubs, and have your 'wheeler on a stand. It will help to break the nuts loose if you first loosen them with the quad on the ground and on tires with brakes locked. Once the fade-nut is moving free, then you're good for disassembly.