PDA

View Full Version : yamaha blaster convert

brandonblaster
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
i was thinking about buying extend a-arms +1+3 and putting yfz front shocks and getting a bigger swing arm not sure on wat size but and getting a yfz 450 rear shock would that work or wat can us any help possible

mpblaster287
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
You can use yfz fronts on +3+1 arms, I have seen it done before but the shocks will be a little stiff for your blaster however they will be much better than stock and do have some adjustment for you to play around with. it is a cheap affective way to get some better suspension, but if it is in your budget i suggest getting shocks that are actually made for the quad such as elka, pep, axis, ect...they will be 100 times better. As for a swingarm, depending on what type of riding you do you might want different lengths. I had a +3 on my blaster and thought it was too long so i went back to a +2 which is a much better fit for me. I ride MX. if you are more of a drag racer you can go for a +3 or +4 and if you are extreme drag racer meaning you do nothing but, ive seen +6...if you ride trails, woods or mx, IMO i feel a +2 is the best all around length and works well. for a rear shock i can suggest a 400ex rear shock as a cheap replacement. do a google search for how a how-to because it takes a little modification but if i remember its easy to do. I have also heard of a banshee rear shock as a replacement. I have seen it done a bunch and again like the yfz fronts it might be a little stiff but there are adjustments to play with and it is much better than stock but an aftermarket shock made for a blaster will always be your best bet. You can go with a banshee axle in the back for a little extra width as well. hope this helps