PDA

View Full Version : g force axle sprocket hub?

bigbad400
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
i couldnt find any were to buy a replacement g force axle sprocket hub, i need one and dont want to buy another axle. also what bearing carrier is a good one for a decent price. i had a rad dual row one and its shot already and it was installed last fall, i had about 600 miles on that one, and im not impressed.

gt400ex
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
As far as the sprocket hub I dont think you have to have a G Force to replace it, other brands should fit. Not 100 percent on this so hopefully some one will chime in if Im wrong.

400ex28
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
i went though 2 sprocket hubs and i just called rocky mountain atv (thats where i bought the axle from) and they sent me new one for free.

honda400ex2003
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
i think that any one should fit also but i am not 100% sure either. steve

Ryanwolfe911
09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
600 miles out of a carrier? Dude, that's alot of riding. Did you grease it after every ride? I've had a RAD for 3 years now and have no issues with it whatsoever. I always maintain it religiously though.

quadmanw
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
i got my second hub from rockymountain. but for the bearing carrier go with the lonestar dualrow. it has two big bearings instead of 4. i've been running it for 3 years now no problems

honda400ex2003
09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
600 miles is nothing on a carrier or anything on a 400. i put on almost 200 in the last 2 weeks alone. lol. as long as you keep the 3 piece nut tight you should not have too many problems with any carrier. so unless you put on a 1000 or something in mud in a year or do mx on a regular basis your stock carrier will be fine. if you would like to though the lonestar and others are great carriers to use. great quality and work really well. something must have happened to the RAD to have it messed up in 600 miles so i would check the nut assembly cause it most likely stripped out a bit and the axle is moving in it to wear everything out prematurely. steve

bigbad400
09-08-2009, 08:38 AM
steve you always amaze me... i was just comming on to tell you guys that i lost the axle clip thing that the locknut buts up against, the axle was moving about 1/8th of an inch back and forth and i didnt notice untill i felt it drag a little when the bearing went. ill prolly just get another rad carrier, it was decent price and ill get a aftermarket locknut for the axle too. so rocky mountain sells the g force hubs?

600 miles is barely broke in, my stock one lasted till last fall with original bearings and i only grease them about every other ride. its a 2000!!! but with a wider axle i want a bigger bearing race, wider is more stress on the bearings.

the sand at silver lake dunes got into it and chewed it up good, but it was sloppy from the axle nut being loose too, sand is horrible on them too i always go faster on bearings than my friends because ill have sand withdraws if i dont go to the dunes often enough!