PDA

View Full Version : 2005 yfz 450. Good Deal???

hastek@aol.com
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey guys just picked her up for $2000.00 Did I get a good deal? Houser long travel a-arms TCS triple rate long travel shocks in the front Houser swing arm with a tcs dual rate rear shock. Hetrick Exhaust, Houser stem with anti-vibe, Hand guards, Set of beadlock rears and itp fronts with kenda mxr's and a full set of stock wheels and tires. Oh ya and a edelbrock carb, and ac pro peg nerfs with heel guards. Any mods I should do or anything I should look out for with the yfz im more of a honda man.

hastek@aol.com
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
cant get pics to post :(

BakerRacing40
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
horrible deal man!!!! but i'll help you out, i'll give you 1000 for it before you have to sink money into it!! your looking at 25 to 35 thousand in the next week in break downs and service work...

haha sounds like a good deal to me man, what all has been done to the engine? last time the shocks were serviced? just do some nut and bolt checks and inspect everything out really good, like you'd do any used bike...

hastek@aol.com
09-06-2009, 04:05 PM
all mods have been done in the past 20hrs of ride time. And all that is done to the motor is a port and polish what should i look out for or what mods should i do to it its going to be a woods bike and maybe from time to time a motorcross bike just to mess arund with friends but i like to go fast so any recomendations on go fast parts would be appreciatted

XCRacer236
09-06-2009, 06:28 PM
6-ply tires stabilizer and skid plate for woods

hastek@aol.com
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM
ok what tires to look at other than maxis or itp and the off brand razr 2 look alikes? and is the prm .250 a good skid? and do you know if they make one for a plus 1.25 in gouserr swingarm?

hastek@aol.com
09-06-2009, 06:53 PM
houser my bad

BakerRacing40
09-07-2009, 03:02 AM
engine wise.. it being an 05 and just a port and polish... and for woods.. i would pull the engine out where i can easily mess with it and mod list would basically be mid compression piston- stock bore, 449cc crankshaft, new timing chain and tensioner, high flow oil pump, probably stage 1 cams, fuel customs intake, no toil filter and filter oil, pro-flo steel reusable oil filter, full sparks exhaust, and have the carb tuned on a dyno...
i would also look at the clutch basket and make sure its not grooved up and go ahead and put new steels fibers and springs... then look in to a over sized radiator...
with all the bottom end power it already has and then all the bottom end power you'd be adding, i'd probably put a 15 tooth front sprocket on it so the power comes on a little smoother..
oil mod and keeping your timing chain fresh are usually the key to having a long lasting engine...
i hope that all came out right lol its four in the morning:ermm:

hastek@aol.com
09-07-2009, 08:21 AM
ok so how long do these motors last with out the oil mod i know about it i just dont really want to have to do it if i can do anything to get it to last. and how much power would the full sparks make over the full hetrick. I mean we drag race the quads and the hetrick looks like the hetrick isnt restrictive. But wht do u think about the sparks over the hetrick? and what gearing for slow trail riding family has alot of rhinos and they just like to cruise. Then for when me and my friends are going to go riding its deffinatly fast paced so maybe a 15t on the front?

hastek@aol.com
09-07-2009, 08:24 AM
and we have axcess to a dyno but i am going to change carbs before i waste my money on the dyno i have heard the edelbrock carbs are a pain to tune and it can change from one day to another that one day it will be tuned right and then the other day it will be way off is this true? if so what carb do you recommend stock or fcr 41?

hastek@aol.com
09-07-2009, 08:47 AM
ok thanks i didnt know cus i could probably get a fcr 41 pretty cheap my dad is about to part a full drag 450r and all i would have to do is convert it back from alcohol to gas but if i get the stock i know there is a ziptie mod but is there a spring i could get to do it right?

BakerRacing40
09-07-2009, 08:51 AM
my race bike an 04 still no oil mod and not a problem one, yet knock on some wood lol.. timing chains like to kink up... and i've never really heard all that much feed back from the hetrick system, i'm just a sparks believer. for trails and the set up you have now the 14t front sprocket should be fine, but depending on where you ride if your constantly shifting between gears instead of being able to use one gear and let the engine work, the 15t may be the way to go. i don't have any issues taking off or pulling power off the bottom with my gearing, i personally love it. when i had stock gearing it just wanted to spin the tires and not really get out of the corners all that great. the 15 smoothed it up and now can plant the power easier and pull more speed per gear.. everybody is different though, no body likes the same two things and you might have to test and see which you like better...

hastek@aol.com
09-07-2009, 08:57 AM
ok well i appreciate all your guys help i have a drag racing 400ex on alky and nitro and we have 2 450r on the same fuel setup so i dontknow much on the yfz's im looking at 22 inch razr 2 for the front or maye some gbc x-rex an off brand and maybe some itp gncc's idk what size tho id like a 22 for the rear to are they durable tires and hey are aarm skids neccesary?