PDA

View Full Version : my 250r

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Can i have some feedback on my 250r please :)

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
more pictures

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
more

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:54 AM

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:56 AM

JakeVeitch2007
09-06-2009, 08:57 AM

Derrick Adams
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Very nice looking machine. I love your home and lawn!

born2ride14
09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
sick quad man!

danhung11
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Looks pretty clean. Post up a mods list and make some adjustments to the camera, those pictures are not doing justice to the bike. :p

If you just bought that, good luck with the addiction. :D

Dan

thedeatons
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Looks good.... A few things though....

The bar bend looks strange, maybe it is the picture angle. Looks like they are angled back quite a bit.

New $14 nerf bar nets make a world of difference if those are faded. Hard to tell with the lighting

I am not a fan of silencers that come anywhere near the grab bar...

I like the graphics kit, black wheels, and Ohlins!

James

infamous
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Silencer comes too far back for my taste, but overall nice looking bike.

racerx573
09-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by infamous
Silencer comes too far back for my taste, but overall nice looking bike.

Looks like the FMF Turbine Core II, spark arrest model.

Looks good overall. If you're gonna be doing some MX, you may want to lower your ride height about 6 inches, lol.

JakeVeitch2007
09-07-2009, 06:09 AM
yh i think its just the angle it was taken because they're just renthal bars with a cr high bend. and yes its an amazing bike. i'm constantly eating up 450's at motorcross, theres so much power and its so light so you can throw it around and correct yourself in the air, i can see why they're so popular, even today. i think ive become addicted :).
the spec list is:
-laeger +1 swing arm
-pep rear shock
-ohlins front
-itp holeshot mx tyres (front) on douglas split rims
-on the back i have douglas beadlocks on turf tamers (which are amazing for mx btw)
- pro line nerf bars
-radiator scoops
-steering damper
-protrax steering stem
-ramirez risers
-Maier cut plastics
-nacs racing cone
-twist grip
-k+n filter
-chapman adjustable a-arms +2 +1
-Chapman frame
-fmf pipe
-265cc engine tuned by steve clitheroe
-keihin bigger carb
-i'll probably think of more stuff when i post this.
i'll post some pictures up soon because im in cast at the moment with a broken ankle, i was racign at mallory mx park and had just taken the lead form a trx450 and was slowly pulling away and i hit the double a bit fast and landed fine, but my boots were worn on one side and it made my foot land funny and i thought "ouch" and had to pull over and try and drive back to the van, then when i got there my adrenaline wore off and i fell to the floor and couldnt move it and had to be taken hospital :( but its getting better now and i have my cast off in a couple of weeks just in time for weston beach race, so its all good :).
the only problem i have with it, is that the seal round the gear lever must be slightly cracked or worn because it leaks oil, not majorly but still. i'll strip it down after weston anyway and rebuild it. can anyone tell me whats likely to need replacing because i bougth it off ebay (1700, a bargain i'd say!) and have no idea when the last time it was rebuild . and i have some other queries aswell:
1. the previous owner some how managed to bend the left foot peg all out of shape. and im lookign for a replacement woudl it just be easier to buy nerf bars with heel kicks etc built in and if so can anyone tell me who makes them for the 250r and how much?
2. i have a motion pro twist throttle but it has too much of a twist on it, is there any way of buying a part to swap it to a quick action one so you don't have to turn it as far?
3. what are the common problems with the 250r's and where is the frame number located on them?
4. does anyone have a bumper in good condition they're selling preferably a blingstar cross bumper?

I will post more pictures up soon because its still a bit dirty form my last race where i broke my ankle and i dont know if anyone has tried, but its kinda hard to jetwash a quad standing on one leg haha