PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda Rancher/Fuel Injected that set-up

lauyr1
09-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey Guys-I just got my 2007 Honda Rancher, 420, back. It was stolen for close to a year before it was found in a large meth bust. It appears that it has set-up in the weather for many, many months. The gas tank was pretty much dry from what I can tell. The battery was out of the 4 wheeler. I have charged the battery. When I turn on the ignition, I can hear the fuel pump? working. When I try to crank it, it comes very close to cranking but doesn't quite get there before the battery runs dead again. It has also "backfired" a few times as if there is water somewhere in the line. I know that EFI's need a strong battery to properly "work" all of its electronics-would ya'll suggest I buy a new battery and try that...I added fresh gas to the tank, but it just doesn't seem like it is getting the fuel...should I drain the tank? Kind of at a loss as to what to do.. Any help would be gretaly appreciated!!! Thanks!

quadrider00
09-06-2009, 02:06 PM
i would start with a new battery then go from there... as long as it isnt throwing any fault codes on the dash everything should be working fine

lauyr1
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey-Thanks for the reply. I finally got it started..must have really been dry..all seems fine..except for a knocking sound..thinking it may be the timing...any thoughts on that?