PDA

View Full Version : What happened to everyone?!

Gibson
09-05-2009, 08:28 PM
No one seems to get on the forums anymore. The only ones that get on are newbies. Where's all of the other guys?

honda400ex2003
09-05-2009, 08:48 PM
School started for me last monday so every waking moment i have been studying lol. steve

Gibson
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
school starts back for us tuesday, but i always log on through the school's computers when i don't have anything to do. it just seems to me like the forums are kinda dead here lately. that might be why

honda400ex2003
09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
i dont think i got more than 5 emails all week on threads. I agree that it has been really really slow lately. it seems that most of the guys who were on here switched to 450s so they are all in the 450 forum now. school starts around here start tuesday also. steve

TRXRacer1
09-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Some of us just get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

honda400ex2003
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
agreed also with that. ^^^ steve

Gibson
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Some of us just get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

i agree, but when someone asks a question that ahsn't been asked much, there's hardly anyone to answer. kinda disappointing:ermm:

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 09:56 PM
We go threw this EVERY year... school gears up, hunting, last camping weekends of the season,people wrapping up the last of there summer racing ect... things pick up when the weather gets cooler and everyone starts there rebuilds. ;)

powermadd400ex
09-05-2009, 10:03 PM
school is taking up 3/4 of my time. the only time i can get on is the sleeping hours.
i wont be on as much as i used to now since i got my license so i will be driving around doing errands for my parents or out with friends more. alot of the good poster moved to 450s and pretty much departed. t'i sad i guess.

Gibson
09-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
school is taking up 3/4 of my time. the only time i can get on is the sleeping hours.
i wont be on as much as i used to now since i got my license so i will be driving around doing errands for my parents or out with friends more. alot of the good poster moved to 450s and pretty much departed. t'i sad i guess.

that sucks dude. did ya'll go to prentice today? I got the wiring fixed on mine and i don't really know what i did:p

powermadd400ex
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Gibson
that sucks dude. did ya'll go to prentice today? I got the wiring fixed on mine and i don't really know what i did:p

yea but it rained most of the time. still a good time though. thats awesome dude, maybe i can swing by your house and take you with us next weekend :D
and i didnt have to take links out of my chain, the adjuster was actually seized up with mud and we couldnt break it loose wihout a cheater bar :scary:

gt400ex
09-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
yea but it rained most of the time.
I tryed to go camping and had to all but swim out of my tent this morning. Had to give up and come home cause everything is soaked.

Ryan'07400ex
09-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We go threw this EVERY year... school gears up, hunting, last camping weekends of the season,people wrapping up the last of there summer racing ect... things pick up when the weather gets cooler and everyone starts there rebuilds. ;)

You forgot baccer (tobacco) ... I tried to have a ride this weekend and campout for Labor Day. One friend was hunting dove todayand deer the next, two others were in baccer, one in hay and one has to put up tents, his grandpa owns a tent rental business. For some reason none of my friends will join this site.. it's my favorite :)

I thinking once sports, crops and hunting pauses we'll be out riding again. I'm on here just about every day though cause I dont do that stuff anymore except a couple days in the deer stand. I just wish I could help more often.

flyboy1294
09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Ryan'07400ex
You forgot baccer (tobacco) ... I tried to have a ride this weekend and campout for Labor Day. One friend was hunting dove todayand deer the next, two others were in baccer, one in hay and one has to put up tents, his grandpa owns a tent rental business. For some reason none of my friends will join this site.. it's my favorite :)

I thinking once sports, crops and hunting pauses we'll be out riding again. I'm on here just about every day though cause I dont do that stuff anymore except a couple days in the deer stand. I just wish I could help more often.

Haha yeah tobacco is definitely a MAJOR time-consumer, out here in the sticks atleast.

Plus soccer and football seasons are underway. I have practice on every day but Sunday. And conditioning started at the beginning of July. I haven't rode since then :(

Add that to school and I don't get home 'till dark every day. Without any real ride time, I haven't had time to break anything. So no new questions :o

rinaldi
09-06-2009, 12:40 PM
You guys mention school make me feel waay too old to be here. I have a hard time remembering when I went to school. I graduated college back in 91.

rodeo#11
09-06-2009, 03:00 PM
i still browse a lil here and there just dont post as much, with school and work and gf my day is already planned for me lol

powermadd400ex
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
Haha yeah tobacco is definitely a MAJOR time-consumer, out here in the sticks atleast.

same here :p

RIDEREDson
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM
but wheres people like..... repoman, hornetgod? etc..

powermadd400ex
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson

repoman's 440 skipped timing and was destroyed. he parted it out and bought a 05 450r and left shortly after.
last i heard of hornetgod, he was thinking of selling the 416 for a dualsport or something of such.

Gibson
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM

that's what i was gonna ask. None of the "well known" members get on here anymore. Most people that have moved to 450's still come back to the 400 forum though.

Snipe
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I still am on now and then, Im not a really old member like some but have been around for awhile. Usually lately I have just been reading post's and repling to posts that haven't had many or anyone reply to the question.

RIDEREDson
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Gibson
that's what i was gonna ask. None of the "well known" members get on here anymore. Most people that have moved to 450's still come back to the 400 forum though.

I moved on to a 450r, but I still come in here.

hornetgod13
09-07-2009, 03:50 AM

Hey guys! Nice to see I'm missed. I pop in from time to time. I did in fact, get rid of my Quad and moved on to a Dual Sport. I have a 06' KLR650 now. I do on/off rode riding now.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=77265

I also restored a 1970 Honda CT70HKO. I had one just like it as a kid.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=74929

RIDEREDson
09-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I see how it is hornetgod. You get QTOM then bail.

matt14c
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Has been slow but I guess after 200K threads if everyone learned how to use the search button then things should be pretty slow. I have had my bike broke down to the very last bolt and I know there isnt 200k things to talk about or things to go wrong.

Ryanwolfe911
09-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
Has been slow but I guess after 200K threads if everyone learned how to use the search button then things should be pretty slow. I have had my bike broke down to the very last bolt and I know there isnt 200k things to talk about or things to go wrong.

I agree, the same damn (stupid) questions keep getting asked over and over again. Dumb **** like "How do I get my oil filter out" or, "Is this (insert lame *** ebay item here) any good?"

It gets kinda old, almost like I can predict what questions are going to be asked ona day to day basis.

That and alot of the older experienced guys like myself have gone to the 450's and dissapeared, and now this forum is trolled by a bunch of 15 year olds that all think they're super techs.

hypersnyper6947
09-07-2009, 11:31 PM
yea i get kinda tired answering the same questions and talking about the same topics, i post in the open section more but im still not on here half as much as i used to be.....

I will be riding soon and posting some pics thats for sure. Thats the fun part for me

Pipeless416
09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
i'm just getting sick of all the BS lately.. mostly in the open forum. i'm on here a lot, ive just cut back on posts considerably. i'm tired of the arguments. it seems like its the same people over and over again. i think there should be a "site cleansing." i think gpracer2500 is one of the most valuable members here, and he hardly posts, because as he said, he's being driven away by the nitpicking. its a shame.

hornetgod13
09-08-2009, 03:10 AM
I see how it is hornetgod. You get QTOM then bail.

I kept the quad well over a year after winning the QOTM before letting it go. I damn near cried when I seen it driven away in the back of a pick up truck. The wife wouldn't let me get a new toy with out letting one go. I'm certain it's a decission that will haunt me for a while. For now, I'm having a blast riding ON & OFF road.

I have to aggree with what others are saying. Lots of kids, repeatitive questions, and "self proclaimed" subject matter experts on this site. I grew tired of it all and moved on. It is good to see some of you have stuck around.

RIDEREDson
09-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah it was a joke. Hence why I won't be getting married anytime soon.

Snipe
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i'm just getting sick of all the BS lately.. mostly in the open forum. i'm on here a lot, ive just cut back on posts considerably. i'm tired of the arguments. it seems like its the same people over and over again. i think there should be a "site cleansing." i think gpracer2500 is one of the most valuable members here, and he hardly posts, because as he said, he's being driven away by the nitpicking. its a shame.

Agreed, you learn to see where that question is gonna go before even replieng to it. Instead of getting wrapped up in a fight ONLINE no less, just easier to not reply and move on.

Fighting online is like fighting with a mirror lmao

Ryan'07400ex
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I kept the quad well over a year after winning the QOTM before letting it go. I damn near cried when I seen it driven away in the back of a pick up truck. The wife wouldn't let me get a new toy with out letting one go. I'm certain it's a decission that will haunt me for a while. For now, I'm having a blast riding ON & OFF road.

I have to aggree with what others are saying. Lots of kids, repeatitive questions, and "self proclaimed" subject matter experts on this site. I grew tired of it all and moved on. It is good to see some of you have stuck around.

I couldn't of let that thing go for any off road vehicle or on road at that cept maybe a big deisel truck.

It's good you're having fun with the bike though

Sorry for being a kid haha didn't realize everyone was born an adult on here cept a few. :rolleyes:

TRXRacer1
09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Been here since 2002 and this is nothing new. There will be new "leaders" in short time and the cycle will continue.

brian76708
09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
kinda lost interest in the oll 400 really want a street legal dirt bike but no one wants to trade and i cant sell it for chit. also got sick of answering the same old questions.

09-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Not as into the sport as I used to be. I look at it this way now, I rather spend money on my car which is something that gets driven daily than something used every other weekend or less. Theres just so much i dont know about cars and I know everything about the 400ex for the most part. I've rebuilt several motors and tuned different quads... like been there done that. Rather see the money go into something I can appreciate everyday and anytime.

Honda#4
09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I guess and i'm sure theres others but i'm totally dedicated to the sport, maybe its just me but I look past all the threads that you guys claim to be repeated which there are but when people keep coming to a good site for quad info im sure that any question will get repeated over and over again and it can't be helped the only way to stop it is to stop the people from coming on the site which we would'nt want that, I just think of it this way one question or any question for that matter is a way to better that problem deeper and to be more infomative about it and to let people be aware of any trouble it may cause.

But thats just me

honda400ex2003
09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
agreed with dallas(honda#4) you guys were all newbies at one time also asking most of these questions. i dont mind answering them if i can and have some time to do so. i even like to read some of my old posts from back when i started on the site. they are fun to read and look back and see what you know now that you didnt at one time. steve

buster024
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
When I started on the site, I couldn't believe the info that GPracer2500 was dishing out. I feel like I'm old school, and I've only been on since '05. Hopefully I haven't p*ssed anyone off!!

buster024
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey speaking of questions......

Which pipe is best for the 400??

:devil:

tri5ron
09-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by buster024
Hey speaking of questions......

Which pipe is best for the 400??

:devil:
the ones with a magenta powerband,..
but you will need to change the gas cap vent line to match, to be calibrated.
Especially if you hook up a spal fan to the airbox as an electric turbo.
or at least, that's what I've learned here so far. :huh

but this raises another question,
If I put a second spal fan on the end of my exhaust, sucking it out,....will it double the turbo power?

buster024
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
It will only double the power if you jet the spal fan correctly. With proper jetting (and of course the correct compression), the spal turbo fan will give you somewhere around 349 hp.

Of course, that's assuming you use a Uni filter, and not a K&N. Which do you think is best?
Does a cdi box help?
Will 05' plastics fit on a '03 bike?
Which oil is best?
How do you remove the swingarm bolt?
My bike won't start....why?
How can I make my 400 faster than a 450?
Are Maxxix better than Holeshots?
Will a 450 swingarm fit a 400?

honda400ex2003
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
:p :D funny stuff guys!!! steve

buster024
09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
.....and how could I forget this one.....the number one question....

What jetting should I use?

tri5ron
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by buster024 ...
It will only double the power if you jet the spal fan correctly. With proper jetting (and of course the correct compression), the spal turbo fan will give you somewhere around 349 hp.

Of course, that's assuming you use a Uni filter, and not a K&N.

Which do you think is best?

uni is always better in the snow, and K/N works best underwater

Does a cdi box help?

Hell no, not even when you say please and treat it lovingly, and tenderly. it dosent help with the laundry... It dosent help with the dishes... it wont even pick up the dog poo in the yard!
Totally worthless little bastid

Will 05' plastics fit on a '03 bike?

duct tape and zipties can make anything fit.

Which oil is best?

new, fresh Wesson oil for above 18,000 ft elevations.
Canola corn oil for anything beyond that.

How do you remove the swingarm bolt?

a cutting torch, 4 water buffalo's, and all the pigmy villagers from the amazon rain forest.

My bike won't start....why?

your on somebody elses bike, your key wont work.
YOUR bike, is the Pink Powerwheels Barbie car, plugged into the charger...
Remember ???

How can I make my 400 faster than a 450?

put 700xx stickers on the gas tank.

Are Maxxix better than Holeshots?

Max got shot in his hole???, is he going to be ok?

Will a 450 swingarm fit a 400?

It'll fit on alot any bike you want it to. have you never heard of bungie cords?
Sheesh! We're gonna have to teach you EVERYTHING???
Have you been using the "Search" button, or the "Lost" button?

Now,...
can you tell me what is the best lugnuts to use after I jet my muffler?
and where can I get a higher compression drain plug?

does race gas work better with nitrogen filled tires?
and do powermadds give more torque and less hp? or is it the other way around???

do race cut fenders really add 17 hp to the nerfbars?

:D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah:

ngates788
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
can you tell me what is the best lugnuts to use after I jet my muffler? and where can I get a higher compression drain plug?
does race gas work better with nitrogen filled tires? and do powermadds give more torque and less hp? or is it the other way around???
do racecut fenders really add 17 hp to the nerfbars?

hahaha I can't help but laugh its' so funny!!!

skillet
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
I had other quads and bikes but was new to the 400ex. Got on here and could not believe some of the great info that some of these guys were putting out. But I imagine it will come and go.

buster024
09-11-2009, 06:41 PM
...can you tell me what is the best lugnuts to use after I jet my muffler?
Actually you want to use lag nuts...those are the best. Chrome plasted, reverse thread of course.

and where can I get a higher compression drain plug?
You can always create higher compression by wrapping your existing plug in duct tape, then JB welding it into the oil box. Dont' forget to rejet.

does race gas work better with nitrogen filled tires?

No. Nitrogen smells like a fart, and shouldn't be used ever. Race gas should only be used when running high compression drain plugs. See above.

powermadds give more torque and less hp? or is it the other way around???
Powermadds obviously give more torque you dummy. Noob.

do racecut fenders really add 17 hp to the nerfbars?
The only dyno's I've ever seen with racecuts proved an increase in torque, but a decrease in brainpower. Nerf's don't ever increase HP, but if properly adjusted with a timing chain breaker, will add up to 4 parsecs of lap time.