PDA

View Full Version : Pro ATV Racers Salareis???

XBLASTERRACERX
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I have always wondered this: What do some pro quad racers get paid? Is it like the pro dirt bike guys ( Stewart made 10 million last year) or do we get the short end of the stick like always?

Scro
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Their not making 10 million, I can guarantee that!:p

TrapZ400
09-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I think I remember reading in an interview with Jimmy White that he said that the top 5 or so make a 6-figure income.

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 06:02 PM
There was a topic on this months ago but there is going to be alot of variation on that and on the level of support from factory,theres not alot of money in the Pro Quad guys like there is with dirbikes-they are very spoiled.. :o

I dont know that the Pros really want there wages discussed or not, but we all can agree they are ALL UNDERPAID !!
:ermm:

muddy400EX
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
I think I remember reading in an interview with Jimmy White that he said that the top 5 or so make a 6-figure income.

ya i would say in the 100-150k range for the guys that are actually winning. its nothing compared to dirtbikes

on the cribs episode with RC his championships say 1 million on each one:eek:

250r rider 88
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
most of those guys make more from sponsorships than race winnings and pay, just like in every other sport

k4f5x0r
09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
well i look it at this way. these guys are doing what they love, getting paid to ride the best, most setup machines possible. they are some of the fastest riders in the world(probably are THE fastest) and are in some of the best shape ever.

Hell, I would enjoy just enough to keep my family happy, i wouldnt need anything else besides doing what i love for my life. and when its time to retire, try to manage a team.

just my opinion and also my dream :D

extremeblastr
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
most of those guys make more from sponsorships than race winnings and pay, just like in every other sport

? hope your talking about bikes because i'm pretty sure the quad guys aren't doing to much in endorsments with the limited exposure they get to the public, last i knew they were on yearly salaries through the factory (if they are a factory rider of course) with bonuses for good finishes and what not. things may be different now but thats how it was last i was in the loop...

matt14c
09-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I dont know that the Pros really want there wages discussed or not, but we all can agree they are ALL UNDERPAID !!
:ermm:

I dont know about underpaid but just maybe not given there due. The thing about racing is one race, one jump and one crash and then there broke for life possibly. So that isnt right. But yes they are doing something that we have all done for years for some since we or are parents thought we could. I have had a quad since I was 9. It is the same with all sports. Athletes are tremendously overpaid in my opinion but it is are fault. We pay the $100's if not 1000's+ for a jersey, tickets, hats and you name it. Anyone who bought those yankee tickets this year for like 2,500 a seat per game should be kicked in the balls and comitted!
I dont know if quad racing will ever get its due. And even for supercross or motorcross I think it has lost its luster of what it once was. All the same. There is one, two maybe three stars that at the beginning of the season honestly believe they have a shot at the title. Thats not exciting its like reading a book from the back to the front. Do you think billions would watch the superbowl if they knew who was going to win before hand?
I dont really watch or follow pro quad racing and never really did when I raced back a couple years ago. Yea I had gust and Farr posters in my shop but I have never gone to a pro race so cant really say what it is missing or not. Nobody talks about quad racing they dont even know when or where it is. But when supercross used to be in town tons of people that couldnt even sit on a bike prolly would go. It used to be a blast back when Mcgrath was king. It was far more exciting in my opinion. Now from what I see on tv I could honestly say I wouldnt spend the money and the whole day to go. Doesnt seem worth it.

SRH
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
not enough to make it worth it...it doesnt take long to figure out a 6 figure income is a necessity these days, then what? better only be doing racing as a hobby and your so damn good you can compete at that level for fun and make some spare coin in the process....thats the only way i could justify racing pro....its a dream for alot and for me at one time but ive come to the conclusion theres alot more to life to take it anymore seriously than just a good time, motocross is no joke

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
I dont know about underpaid but just maybe not given there due.

I think its abit of both.

I often wonder who flips all those HUGE medical bills when something goes wrong? Do they all annie-up and pay there medical bills, Im sure its written in some contracts but I bet not in all of them.

xrxmxcx
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think its abit of both.

I often wonder who flips all those HUGE medical bills when something goes wrong? Do they all annie-up and pay there medical bills, Im sure its written in some contracts but I bet not in all of them.

ever heard of health insurance?

:huh

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
ever heard of health insurance?

:huh

Not too many health insurances will cover racers unless they get a special policy.
Mine would laugh in my face .:rolleyes:

If your racing for someone ,wouldnt you want your medical covered other than threw yourself?

powermadd400ex
09-05-2009, 09:56 PM
i think its a shame, actors get paid more than these athletes.

SRH
09-05-2009, 10:55 PM
i beleive there insurance in place for extreme sports athletes....i know my insurance from work covered all my medical bills related to my crash BTW

QuadJunkies
09-06-2009, 12:40 AM
My Insurance covered my injuries too and my kids and my Husbands..... But had they known I was at a race track racing it would NOT have . Most insurance states that or your paying BIG premiums to being at risk and thats a big IF...
My Father sells insurance for a living and he told me good luck finding one that will solely provide the insurance for being a racer.
Im not saying the insurance doesnt exsist, but holding this SPECIFIC kind of insurance hold a large price tag, Just curious if the Pros are covered under a good insurance policy with factory backing.. Im going to guess the answer is YES.

patrickj75
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
The AMA has an insurance policy for AMA members. I had one last year.

jesseweaver
09-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
i think its a shame, actors get paid more than these athletes.

go around your town and ask people if they have heard of Doug Gust. then ask them if they have hear of Will Smith. you'll find out real quick why actors are making 100 times as much as quad riders.

jesseweaver
09-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by SRH
a 6 figure income is a necessity these days,

:confused: please tell me your kdding. theres millions out there making less than that who are A LOT happier than those wealthier. if your not gonna make it without a 6 digit salary i'm sorry.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by patrickj75
The AMA has an insurance policy for AMA members. I had one last year.

Thats good! Our series on the West Coast is not AMA (WORCS) just the bikes ,but good to hear theres something avail. to the riders.

national #9
09-07-2009, 01:29 PM
the AMA pro racing license comes with an insurance policy, that covers them when they are racing in the national events, I am not sure what they use for practice or other races.

TAZ450r
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
if i got my quad and parts for free and then also a sallery i wouldnt need to buy toiletpaper, i could just whipe my as whit bills:cool: what should i use the money to if i wasn't paying for my quad:D :D

SRH
09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah i forgot that....about the ama pro license, up until a few yrs ago im not sure what they ddi for insurance i think it was only the last 2 or 3 yrs the pros got a ama license, id be interested like QJ to find out what they do otherwise, btw that makes sense about the insurance covering how they do

alo by 6 figure being a necessity i met to live any sort of a lifestyle, with owning a home, 2 cars, a couple kids etc....im sure people do and are happy without , but more than likely there doing it on the cuff , to each there own, a single guy living on his own, 1 vehicle, 2 quads, i can live comfortable on 60k ....but if i had kids, a wife and a house....damn it would be tough...thats what i mean

SRH
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
:confused: please tell me your kdding. theres millions out there making less than that who are A LOT happier than those wealthier. if your not gonna make it without a 6 digit salary i'm sorry.

that always cracks me up.....it never makes sense either...i think some lazy guy made that up to feel better about his situation....i might not be rich but at least im happy! BS

if were not rich were happy only because were headed in the right direction in our own minds....if were not rich because were worried it might make us miserable..it means your insecure about your place in life and thats a way to make yourself feel better

money is merely something we need to survive....if your wealthy...thats 1 less thing in your life to worry about, rich or poor your going to have a bad day....might as well have a bad day rich than a bad day poor!

im not rich and im happy but im also aware not being wealthy might make me unhappy tomorrow...where as bill gates will wake up with all the same problems in his daily life as me except for money....

rich people got it all, poor people got nothing, wealthy people got money , and happy people have ..happiness:p , it all makes sense think about it

dehner47
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
i wrote in last year to larry brooks the team manger for L&M racing (james stewarts team) and asked about ins and pro sx/mx racers. question even go in racerx mag. anyway, i asked to pro racers have there team supply there ins and do they need ins to race pro sx/mx.

his answer was " no teams supply ins for there racers. racers supply there own ins and cover all costs themselves. and no a rider does not need ins to race sx/mx. they highley recomend it. but its not manditory. the AMA does carry a ins policy for riders who cant find or afford a high dollar policy. put that only covers certain things. thats why the recomend having your own"

sunco
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Everything is "Sub Contracted" :o

powermadd400ex
09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
go around your town and ask people if they have heard of Doug Gust. then ask them if they have hear of Will Smith. you'll find out real quick why actors are making 100 times as much as quad riders.

oh i know, why.
its just a shame spoiled actors that sit around drinking coffee and eating donuts get paid more than those like doug gust that actually train and work hard for what they do.

godzilla
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
oh i know, why.
its just a shame spoiled actors that sit around drinking coffee and eating donuts get paid more than those like doug gust that actually train and work hard for what they do.

:rolleyes:

250x_kyle
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SRH
that always cracks me up.....it never makes sense either...i think some lazy guy made that up to feel better about his situation....i might not be rich but at least im happy! BS

if were not rich were happy only because were headed in the right direction in our own minds....if were not rich because were worried it might make us miserable..it means your insecure about your place in life and thats a way to make yourself feel better

money is merely something we need to survive....if your wealthy...thats 1 less thing in your life to worry about, rich or poor your going to have a bad day....might as well have a bad day rich than a bad day poor!

im not rich and im happy but im also aware not being wealthy might make me unhappy tomorrow...where as bill gates will wake up with all the same problems in his daily life as me except for money....

rich people got it all, poor people got nothing, wealthy people got money , and happy people have ..happiness:p , it all makes sense think about it

u hit the nail on the head right there.

Scro
09-09-2009, 02:43 PM
oh i know, why.

So actors don't work hard? :p It would be much easier to be a Pro Quad racer than to be a big named actor, JMO.

rodeo#11
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Either way being an actor or pro racer, both take a certain amount of dedication and training in my opinion. As for health insurance goes....well they jacked my rates up so high last year i couldn't afford it so id be forced to drop them. Turns out whenever they see a 12k bill for spinal injuries and head injuries (all quad btw) they get a lil upset and find ways to get rid of ya lol but yes being a pro racer would be the life! just my 2 cents.

mxduner
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
About the insurance thing, as long as your not getting carted off in a ambulance, hmm hmm, things can happen otherwise. I've been ran over by my lawn mower, have fallen out of a tree and even slipped down the stairs before...

rodeo#11
09-09-2009, 09:08 PM
yea i refuse to be taken away in a ambulance.. ill drive with no feet and and 1 arm as long as i don't have to ride in that thing! those bills are the worst lol

SRH
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
psshhh i had insurance, got the bill fro the ambulance ride...then the bill for the helicopter ride... 10k to ride the chopper, and its not very comfortable...u think for 10k a pop ud get a nice big one