PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Nerfs

06 Honda 450R
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
i was lookin at my quad today and noticed that the part that connects to the sub frame was broke appart from the heel guard, i dont know how this would happen cause i race tt..., do you think i could get them replaced by pro armor ?

quad2xtreme
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 06 Honda 450R
i was lookin at my quad today and noticed that the part that connects to the sub frame was broke appart from the heel guard, i dont know how this would happen cause i race tt..., do you think i could get them replaced by pro armor ?

I've busted all of mine in that same spot. I now just take 1/4" steel and form my own piece and bolt it to the heel guard. Never busted my setup yet. Let me know if you want a pic.

One_Bad_400
09-07-2009, 05:12 PM
ha. pro armor are the most breaking nerfs on the planet. i also race tt and i'be broken my nerfs 4 times on a tt track. and i put them on my bike for 1 weekend to race a mx race and i broke them again. just got to weld them back together. thats not the last time they will break

sunco
09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I need a set & flyboy has Pro Armor on his new quad. Should I spend the $ & get em or what do you suggest?

quad2xtreme
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sunco
I need a set & flyboy has Pro Armor on his new quad. Should I spend the $ & get em or what do you suggest?

I love the Pro Armor PowerGrip pegs. I would just recommend reinforcing the heelguard where it goes up to the subframe.

I am going to put my Pro Armor's back on with my new quad build. The AC's have been great except for one thing...they really dig into your boots. I have the deep heel guard version. The peg only has the two strips of serrated teeth. They ruin boots quickly. I plan to keep the ACs though. The Pro Armors break and the AC's go back on. I can modify the pegs if necessary.

sunco
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey, missed ya at the grounds this weekend. Thanx for the WV tips. We had a complete blast. I fill ya in when we see each other. Fallfest? I had AC - didn't like them but they said they have been improved. Guess I just need the $400 bucks & bolt em up. Thanx j

quad2xtreme
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Hey, missed ya at the grounds this weekend. Thanx for the WV tips. We had a complete blast. I fill ya in when we see each other. Fallfest? I had AC - didn't like them but they said they have been improved. Guess I just need the $400 bucks & bolt em up. Thanx j

Great you liked WV riding. I love to trail ride. Right now, that is all I can do. Shoulder surgery is scheduled for Oct 6th and then I can't do any riding for 4 months.

The ACs I have are definitely improved. I will post pics on how I modify the Powergrip setup.