PDA

View Full Version : White E Bros Seris for 400ex

newjacksm
01-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Is that good for a 400ex does any one have a dyno how is it on a MX track foes it go good with a 416 kit?????? are they good for a 400ex

ny300exrider
01-11-2003, 06:27 PM
there good all around pipes and a great sound but there are definitly better ones for mx..get a sparks x-6 or lrd and youll be set

300exracer
01-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Ya I am Happy with my wb slip on for my 300ex and it sounds great and it woke it up the engine with that slip on and a K&N.

Steve-o 400EX
01-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I got an E-series, its really great. Good sound and the power it gave me was really noticeable. You can read the other mods I have in my sig. It definately woke it up.. I can wheelie in 4th gear while sitting down. I havent tried getten her up in 5th yet.

Good luck.

AtvMxRider
01-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I have one and I like it alot. It really woke up my 400. If you have a stock motor I say you can't go wrong with one, but if your motor is bored out I would go with a sparks or something like that.

jb400exxx
01-12-2003, 06:03 PM
T-4 is better. i have read a lot of threads about people breaking thier e series pipes, and that was the final factor when i decided to get the T-4. it gives a lot of power down low, and adds a little up top too. good all around power. and i can also do 4th gear wheelies now. my front end even lifted up in 5th yesterday down the road. it's a little loud but sounds awesome.

Quadracer5
01-12-2003, 06:11 PM
I agree with jb400exxx, the Pro Circuit T-4 is way better IMO. I've never been a fan of the E-series silencer, too many around here have broken, fallen apart, etc.. I'm not much on the sound of look of them either. Just my 2 cents.

Kyle

jb400exxx
01-12-2003, 06:26 PM
i do like the way they sound, but they are ugly, and wierd looking, and too complicated with the disks, and THEY BREAK!

Steve-o 400EX
01-13-2003, 09:12 AM
I have heard of the mounts on them breaking. Mine was sent to me by mistake, i originally ordered an R4, but they sent me an e instead. I kept it. I really do like the sound, power, tuneability and look of it. I do think it looks better with no disks on it though. I have heard good things about the T4, I just like WB stuff.

JB's 400ex
01-13-2003, 09:15 AM
I have an e-series and have been very happy with it. I believe it has a good sound and not overly loud. It made a noticeable difference even with the stock filter but I did rejet. I don't understand the breaking thing, I have had mine over a year and have done heavy riding and haven't had any problems, I think it has a lot to do with how you take care of your stuff, almost anything will break if you don't take care of it. There may be a better pipe if you have a modded engine and sound isn't a factor though. That is my own opinion. Whatever you choose will perform better than stock.

northeast400
01-13-2003, 06:40 PM
I love my e-series plus it is tunable

Steve-o 400EX
01-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by JB's 400ex
I have an e-series and have been very happy with it. I believe it has a good sound and not overly loud. It made a noticeable difference even with the stock filter but I did rejet. I don't understand the breaking thing, I have had mine over a year and have done heavy riding and haven't had any problems, I think it has a lot to do with how you take care of your stuff, almost anything will break if you don't take care of it. There may be a better pipe if you have a modded engine and sound isn't a factor though. That is my own opinion. Whatever you choose will perform better than stock.

Well put. I would recommend an E-series pro meg if u are going to bore ur motor.

TrX465
01-13-2003, 06:59 PM
save your money untill you can get a complete system with big bore head pipe also like LRD or SPARKS

Davids440ex
01-13-2003, 09:29 PM
if your going to race mx dont get it, it sucks, winds out the motor to fast plus it falls apart way to easy

Steve-o 400EX
01-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey David, have u ever owned an E-series? I got one and have had not one problem with it. My friend also has one and he rides harder than anyone I know. Yes a sparks or Lrd is better, but its also way more expensive for that little edge. The only crap exhaust i know of is DG and Cobra. With that load of BS u just wrote u insulted **** near half the riders on the site. So watch what u say sucks!:grr

northeast400
01-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Just remember everyone going to have a different opinion, that what makes this site great. But I do think there are more WB fans than any other brand. It comes down to what you like and your budget.