PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions on a arms/long travel

rinaldi
09-05-2009, 06:53 AM
I am set of buying long travel a arms, just waiting for a good buy and no rush since winter is around the corner. I was planning on the Houser +1's, but after looking at my quad it seems that adding only 2 inches to the width would not be enough and maybe the +3's would be the better route. What do you guys think?

Secondly the best price I see on Houser is $799, but ran across the ASR a arms in long travel for $499. I did a search and didn't come up with a whole lot of topic discussion on these but some stated they looked nice for the money. Has anyone tried these? The company seems very devoted to the sport and they carry a nice warranty. Houser seems like the right route, but if these are comparable they are $300 less.

Gibson
09-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Why +3's? that would set your front end at 49" wide. if you ride tight trails, you won't be able to fit through them. I would get +2's at the most. There's other companies besides houser. There's laegers, jd performance, and smc. They're cheaper and basically the same quality. ASR's heim/ball joint's wear really quick and the powder coating chips real easy. You get them at a cheap price, but in the long run, they won't last as long as the others.

katch26
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Gibson
There's laegers, jd performance , and smc. They're cheaper and basically the same quality. ASR's heim/ball joint's wear really quick and the powder coating chips real easy. You get them at a cheap price, but in the long run, they won't last as long as the others.

Jd performance has some really nice stuff. I had him build me a set of one-off adjustable uppers for my predator and
a) very quick
b) awesome guy to work with
c) quality is very good
d) I could actually afford them

Tommy Warren
09-05-2009, 12:20 PM
take a look at the gibson +3 maximum clearance long travel's :eek2: