PDA

View Full Version : quad tech hood quality????

XXX250R
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I just got my quad tech carbon fiber hood today, and i must say im dissapointed at the quality. there are gaps in the weave that you can see through!!! is this common on these?

pdxbigfoot
09-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Its a Quadtech?? Sounds like a Feather Carbon to me. Any pics??

05LSR250R
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I have a Quad-Tech and all I can say is the hood is FLAWLESS! A real work of art!

danhung11
09-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I have only had a white Quad Tech Carbon Fiber hood in my possession (same one on Tys88R), however I have several pieces of FourWerx carbon.

Can someone who has had both QT and FourWerx and provide some candid feedback?

Thanks,
Dan

PS - I have had feather carbon tank cover, and it's junk. The fiber isn't even matched up and it looks like arse. :ermm:

XXX250R
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
its a quad tech, new in the bag.

racerx573
09-07-2009, 03:01 AM
I got my hoods from a guy named David with a shop called BK Performance. The hoods were fiberglass, and I could stand on them without them flexing... as compared to my old QT hood that shattered after I crashed once... not to mention the fiberglass ones were only $75...and came in any color I wanted.

05LSR250R
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I have both the carbon tank cover and hood from Quad-Tech but I dont have anything to compare it to, such as fourwerx, but I can say the merchandise looks top notch and is high quality! Sorry I cant provide more! Thanx!

danhung11
09-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
I got my hoods from a guy named David with a shop called BK Performance. The hoods were fiberglass, and I could stand on them without them flexing... as compared to my old QT hood that shattered after I crashed once... not to mention the fiberglass ones were only $75...and came in any color I wanted.

Is this in any correlation with Pappy? Do you know if this company is still in existence?

Thanks!
Dan

racerx573
09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Is this in any correlation with Pappy? Do you know if this company is still in existence?

Thanks!
Dan

Actually it wasn't called BK Performance... that was just the first name that popped into my head when I posted that....

PM me for his contact info. Not sure on the prices of the hoods anymore, or if he still makes them, but it's the hoods I ran on my white Laeger YZ and the black hood on my Laeger's R.