PDA

View Full Version : Stalls out when letting off clutch

monkeyballs
09-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok instaled the 450 carb properly...

Today I just driled out my pilot jet (since the 55 I ordered will only be in in one week..) Then while I had the carb off I switched from a 185 to a 165. It idols great and revs right up no problem as long as I dont nail it from an idol or it will bog. When I took it for a run with the lean pilot jet it was working okish.... But now with this set up when ever I let off the clutch in 1st gear it boogs right down. The clip is on the 4th from the top out of 5.. Stock needle.

So right now im not 100% sure but im guessing its running realy lean. Right? Or am I wrong and there is something else worng?

Thanks

Gibson
09-04-2009, 02:58 PM
do a spark plug check, that'll tell you if you're lean, rich or spot on. If you're lean, it'll be a whitish color. If you're rich, it'll be black. If you're spot on it'll be a brownish-tan color.

mcgrath
09-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Id put the 185 back in and try that. Rule number one... Always make adjustments one at a time. This is caused by either the main or the pilot but since you changed both at the same time you dont know for sure. when jetting you need to dial in one jet at a time or its just a crap shoot.