PDA

View Full Version : Axle opinion??

IcutMetl
09-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I need to pull the trigger on an axle this weekend. An axle is the missing link I need to have my 'wheeler going again. As of right now, I have 3 options. A new Durablue H.D. for $269, a used (very good condition) RPM Dominator -1/+3 for $250, and a used stock axle for $110.

I don't want to spend the cabbage for a brand new LSR or RPM right now.

I don't want to buy another axle off of here that is BENT. My front end isn't widened right now; but it will be at some point. Right now, the axle will have to work with stock components.

I have done enough research to gather general opinions about different brands. Is the used RPM worth the money over the others? I rarely go to a track, and when I do...I'm not crazy. I do appreciate quality and hassle-free ownership.

Thanks!!

pdxbigfoot
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I swear by them!!
They are top notch when it comes to fit and finish and a great company to deal with.

Honda 250r 001
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
i vote get the RPM. i hear they are the strongest axle ever made also.

89rwfo
09-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I run the dominator and have had no issues. Looks good and very strong.

250Renvy
09-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
i vote get the RPM. i hear they are the strongest axle ever made also.

The new dominator II's are.

This is my 2 cents: Get the Durablue - it's NEW guaranteed to be straight and not much more than the RPM.

The RPM is priced high IMO - RPM was selling them for $200 NEW for the last 2 years before they discontinued them. NO guarantee it's not bent or tweaked.

A used stock axle for $110 is too high IMO - should be able to pick one up for $1 plus shipping since they are so heavy and everybody takes them off to replace with aftermarket, they just take up space.

IcutMetl
09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I ended up getting the RPM axle. I have a spare stocker, but without a hub, and the bearing contact areas are slightly spun. I bought an LSR off here, but it came with .160" on the sprocket side, and I couldn't get it to work with my stock components- the anti-fade nut ran out of adjustment. The RPM comes with the billet hub, and the guy off ebay claims it is straight and "as nice as they come." The chrome appeared nice in the picture.

We'll see...I got the 'wheeler all back running now, and I'm not gonna piss around anymore on an axle...I wanna ride, damn it!