PDA

View Full Version : How to tighten the chain?

rinaldi
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I installed a Richochet skid plate and it caused a bit more slack in my chaing than it should have. How do you tighten up the chain a bit?

Snipe
09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Skid plate shouldnt had caused any slack as it just bolts onto the frame tubing, a arm tubing or the swingarm.

But to tighten or loosen the chain you need a allen wrench and a very big flat head screw driver.

On the back of the bearing carrier (back of the swing arm) you will see 4 allen head bolts loosen them till there finger loose. Then there is a piece to the left of them next to the chain. It has slits in it role that back towards you to tighten it and away from you towards the motor to loosen the chain. A little bit goes along way try and leave yourself 1" of travel to prevent it from wearing out and getting loose again or wearing the sprockets off or worse yet breaking.

Once adjusted re tightin all 4 allen bolts and your done.

thebig450es
09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Loosen the 4 allen head bolts on the rear of the swing arm and rotate the adjustment cam to the rear. Then just tighten the bolts up

white tails
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
i found it helps to lift up the back. put a jack under it or a cinder block. it helps it move easier

rinaldi
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
The chain must of had some slack when new, but since the skid plate has a built in billet chain guide it pushed up the chain causing the chain to be looser up front. It now rubs the case saver a bit.