PDA

View Full Version : wolverine vs grizzly

Chet
09-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I am new to 4wd atv's. don't know anything at all about the right choice, so before I get ready to purchase one, I started out this morning by searching about lightweight 4wd atv's and the new Wolverine came up, so I called the dealer where I normally go, he is sort of a friend on mine, and I do some competitive rifle shooting and he said to me if I wanted shooting info I would talk to you, so you called me about what I do best, they sell all the brands atv's Yam, polaris, Suz, Kaw Honda & KTM, I mentioned the Wolverine, he said it is a fine entry level atv, he did also say the new Grizzly with Independent rear suspension is a better choice with the expense of more weight and more ground clearance over the Wolverine, so I am not stuck on Yamaha either, but is the grizzly more of a handful of a quad to handle over the Wolverine, me and my buddy want to get 4wd atv's, we both purchased 2 new Honda 400ex's and yesterday for the first time we had to turn around on this one place where we could not attempt to go, and the 4wd atv's were going. one atv was the Honda Recon or something, it looked big and heavy, so me and my buddy are looking for an 4wd atv to get us going more places than the 400ex, is the solid read axle on a Wolverine a drawback over the grizzly, he hate heavy weight atv's, but if the grizzly or some other brand or model is the way to go, please make suggestions. by the way we are both retired is decent health, 63 & 65 yrs of age,

Chet