PDA

View Full Version : co2 tire inflators

Chet
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
looking for some opinions on the co2 tire inflators, I see there are the threaded co2 cartridges and non threaded type. any preferences, I never used these types, this is why I am asking, some inflator valve are plastic and some are brass, ect, any coments.

Chet

honda400ex2003
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
i think they would work decent no matter what type they are just make sure you carry some patches or plugs with you to fix the hole in the tires. i think you would need quite a few of the small cartridges to fix a tire but the bigger ones you can get would be decent after only a couple. i think the best stuff would be to carry a can of atv foam type stuff and a small air compressor if you can in a pack or on a 4x4. steve

quad2xtreme
09-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I run the non-threaded because they are cheaper and what Walmart and most places carry. It will take 2 cartridges to fill up a rear tire to about 5 lbs.

They also freeze quickly so it can be a pain to get the threaded ones loose.

When I get a flat, I usually try to find a deep water hole. I usually inflate the tire with 1 cartridge to help find the leak. Once plugged, 2 cartridges will do it. The end of my tire inflator screws onto the quad valve stem. The tire inflator will sometimes freeze thus I have to wait for it to unfreeze.

dankbud42o
09-11-2009, 06:44 AM
i bought a tusk tire repair kit from rocky mountain n it had like 3-4 of the co2's. was only like 13 bucks...great deal.