PDA

View Full Version : List of pipes for the Raptor 250

QuadJunkies
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Aside of a few others projects Im currently working on, I am planning to do some pipe testing on several pipes,I currently have 3 pipes lined up.
Dynos will also takes place on all pipes and based off a built motor.

I was wondering what all is avail. currently on the market ?
Thanks!

mxslevnik69
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
the rage pipe is by far the best one

QuadJunkies
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Has there been any pipe shotouts anywhere on all thats avail.?

Since sound is becoming just as important as performance, DB's will play a part in testing as well. Id like to get as many pipes gathereed as possible together for the test.

Depending on how a motor is also built can play a role in pipe performance.

quadracer707
09-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Just put a motoworks full system on WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakin awesome, & sounds real mean,

Ken

QuadJunkies
09-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Just put a motoworks full system on WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakin awesome, & sounds real mean,

Ken

We have seen a few of the 250's with the motoworks pipe and was curious .
We have the Motorworks full system as well and will be the main project build pipe we will be using in our article.We have it on my Daughters LTR and have been very happy with it.

We also have rounded up the LTE and have FMF to test.
Id like ot round up at least 3 more pipes over the winter to test for performance and sound.

cosinostra
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd be curious to see how the pipe from CT Racing is. Knowles has a package deal with motor work and pipe on thier website. If you can put up with the Allen Knowles arrogance it might be worth a try.

I've have a CT on my yfz and it is great (aside from the arrogant ***). Hard time passing the db test cause the disc system. I think the pipe for the 250 is an open design that shouldn't have a problem with that.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by cosinostra
I'd be curious to see how the pipe from CT Racing is. Knowles has a package deal with motor work and pipe on thier website. If you can put up with the Allen Knowles arrogance it might be worth a try.

I've have a CT on my yfz and it is great (aside from the arrogant ***). Hard time passing the db test cause the disc system. I think the pipe for the 250 is an open design that shouldn't have a problem with that.

Thats one thing I didnt like in the past was the sound of the CT pipe. Maybe its just me but I didnt care for the way they sound and its def. too loud for our racing on the West Coast
I def. dont deal well with errogants..
Theres plenty of competition in this market to send my hard earned money to,but thats just me though..
Hows HMF ? Does Yoshi have a pipe?

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 12:05 PM
We have 4 pipes we have gathered now and still working on a few more to test . The Big Gun will be sent to us here shortly. I think this will be alot off fun to see all the differences in the pipes .
This is one of the pipes we put on last night just to see what it sounded like and how easy install was.Were still finishing up our build so when its done we will start Dyno tests on full systems on a built motor.

All I can say is this pipe is the COOLEST pipe on a 250 I have EVER HEARD......... :devil:

It sounds MEAN! I may have to try and record it because its SAWEET!
This is the Looney Tunes , Im going to try and get a quiet core for it as its abit on the loud side ,but not too bad. Reminds me of a few 450 race pipes in sounds.
My thoughts on this one is ALOT of top end will be produced with this pipe.
Ill have better photos of the pipes,fit,finish and performance .

quadracer707
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We have 4 pipes we have gathered now and still working on a few more to test . The Big Gun will be sent to us here shortly. I think this will be alot off fun to see all the differences in the pipes .
This is one of the pipes we put on last night just to see what it sounded like and how easy install was.Were still finishing up our build so when its done we will start Dyno tests on full systems on a built motor.

All I can say is this pipe is the COOLEST pipe on a 250 I have EVER HEARD......... :devil:

It sounds MEAN! I may have to try and record it because its SAWEET!
This is the Looney Tunes , Im going to try and get a quiet core for it as its abit on the loud side ,but not too bad. Reminds me of a few 450 race pipes in sounds.
My thoughts on this one is ALOT of top end will be produced with this pipe.
Ill have better photos of the pipes,fit,finish and performance .

Our stock raptor with a full motoworks systems sounds like a 450, people have commented on cool it sounds. Looking to take engine out next wekend & start the race engine buils,

Ken

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
We have the Motoworks pipes as well, we are using that pipe for the project article.
The only problem we have ran into with there pipe is it hits the frame on ours.Things arent lining up like we would like them to. 2 pipes were like that so far. Performance I think will have a much dif hit than the LTE does .
We have had the FMF on as well and I think that will be a really good pipe as well. Def. know more when we test. Sound was VERY quiet-which is nice for the racers .Guessing around a 94db .
I would like to still get my hands on a few more such as CT's, HMF .

Ken, what motor are you going with?

quadracer707
01-03-2010, 02:27 PM
We are going with our local engine builder, my son gradauted from MMI in April & is working part time for him since things are slow, Al the engine builder wants to teach my son Wade the in's & outs & figure's what better way then to practice on your little bro's quad. Al has done lots of the 450's & alot of drag race quad's. Best thing is all i have to do is pay for parts's at cost as we will advertise his service's. He has everything but a dyno which he is thinking of getting in the future. His company is Advanced Machining Service's, Looking foward to trial & error, however this guy is a perfectionist, I have seen him hand lap heads for hour's to make sure the are within thousand'ths (really less but i dont know what comes after that,

Ken

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
that's great ! Good luck ! :)

QuadJunkies
01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Big Gun exhaust showed today...

I think were going to do a little Dyno testing this weekend with the pipes if all goes well.
We have borrowed a stock 250 and a built to see the differences in the power curves .
This is going to be fun ! :p

Sn0ka
01-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Big Gun exhaust showed today...

good or bad ? 96db ? track legal ?

does someone have pictures /video of an installed Motoworks SR4 / Big Gun Evo R ?

thx

Adams granddad
01-25-2010, 03:44 AM
We've just fitted the Motoworks SR4 full system. Looks and sounds awesome. We will have to fit the quiet core for some championships as they are getting tough on noise, however I'm told this has no effect on performance. Hopefully we will be getting onto a dyno at the end of the week to see how it performs.

QuadJunkies
01-25-2010, 06:38 AM
We had fitment issues with ours. Out of all the pipes we have so far I think looney tune fit the best and my guess is the fmf will be the low to mid power producer .we just raced worcs this weekend with the fmf. Nice and quiet but stil throaty . LTE sounds best overall. Might race desert nxt month with that one

QuadJunkies
01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Sn0ka
good or bad ? 96db ? track legal ?

does someone have pictures /video of an installed Motoworks SR4 / Big Gun Evo R ?

thx we have not ran the pipe yet . We will be testing shortly.

Adams granddad
01-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We had fitment issues with ours. Out of all the pipes we have so far I think looney tune fit the best and my guess is the fmf will be the low to mid power producer .we just raced worcs this weekend with the fmf. Nice and quiet but stil throaty . LTE sounds best overall. Might race desert nxt month with that one
Could it have been damaged in freight?
Ours was an absolute perfect fit!

QuadJunkies
01-25-2010, 08:14 AM
No. there's been others that's had the same problem. Btw.. Db was at 94 on the fmf pipe.

quadracer707
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Ours Fit right on, love the look & the way it sounds, you would swear it sounds just like my kids race yfz.

Tina how did your engine run at the races,

Ken

QuadJunkies
01-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Ran good ! Gearing was off abit . Our tires showed up the day we left so he ran the wrong gearing. Lacking top end. Also new boots and stiff nerf nets caused havoc while shifting . Gotta get them loosened up quckly. Lol. He has only had 3 hours on it and got a 2nd place finish in production on sat.

QuadJunkies
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
ill call motoworks and have them swap me out pipes. Maybe we got an oddball. Also now that its been ran fitting might fit easier.

QuadJunkies
01-26-2010, 09:59 AM
So Im curious...
Does your pipes touch the frame at all ? Thats what we were not liking on the fitting . We found one other pipe does this, but the others do not.

Adams granddad
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I just checked ours, it's close in a couple of places, but not touching. I can see that if there was any mis-alignment of the engine or the slightest frame damage that it could touch!

QuadJunkies
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks Adam for checking yours ! :)
Thats the part we do not like. Its just too close to the frame for various reasons.Thre must have bene a slight inperfection in manufacturing or something on our pipe. Id like to see that changed. I dont like the heat being so close to it and just overall ,its a minor change that could be a good thing I think. Thats JMO.

QuadJunkies
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Now that we have a race out of the way for a couple weeks, we have some time next week end to spend a full afternoon testing pipes. Im excited to see how they all perform , especially since we will now be doing it with a Carb.
Ill post up some Dyno runs here soon!

QuadJunkies
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
We just spent the entire day testing 6 pipes on DB 's performance - basically overall on each pipe at the Dyno.
Only 15 more to go! :p lol
This will be a Spring project for us .
I will say that having the FCR Carb will def. be worth the upgrade for the tuneability alone and can roughly expect gains of 2 HP over stock Carb on a built motor.

There are a thousand variations to each persons application, this is with ours and our findings will remain 100% UNBIAS.
IT was cool hearing al lthe different pipes ! Sed. some sweet sounds !!
Ill be sure to post when we are all done .

Adams granddad
02-08-2010, 01:15 AM
We're still waiting to get ours on the dyno, so I would be interested in any figures you have for the Motoworks.

They are starting to come down hard on us over noise issues, allowing a max of 94db and this system is said to produce 99db!

We've got a quiet core for it which is supposed to give a reduction of 5db, without any power loss. It's certainly a lot quieter, but I can't believe having this little wiener sticking out doesn't choke the engine....... What do you think?

QuadJunkies
02-08-2010, 09:34 AM
We done all our testing without the cores ... but I will tell you our DB tests on that pipe came out at
95-96 db at 2500 rpms
98 DB at 4000rpms

The quietest pipe we have tested for far was the FMF at 92DB and it has awesome overall power.

Our testing was done indoors so DB's might vary ever so slightly
IF anything, maybe 1 DB off ,but we were close.

Most pipes once you put a core in them, it does take some of the power away .
I know on my Daughters Motoworks LTR pipe once we insterted it gave it back pressure and actually helped it!

QuadJunkies
02-08-2010, 11:58 PM
For anyone looking for some good deals on pipes, I have 3 listed for sale in the Yama parts section for sale .